PDA

View Full Version : jj vs a lag - river play?

detruncate
08-27-2004, 10:48 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain is 60% VP$IP and 20% pfr so far - bear in mind that this is only over 40 hands or so. Post flop he's far from maniacal, but likes to go after pots he thinks he can take down.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

Entity
08-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Hmm. I'm torn between raising and calling on this one. I think calling is the best line, as I can see a lot of hands a typical loose caller might have right now -- T9o seems possible, even if I'm not suffering from a case of MUBS. 2pr seems possible as well -- 67s or 68s.

I would probably call him down, because I really don't want to get 3-bet here, and the range of hands he might bet here beat one overpair.

Would appreciate hearing other comments on this line. If he had checked, I would have bet and paid off a raise. Hope considering just calling to a 4-straight isn't weak-tight. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Surfbullet
08-28-2004, 12:05 AM
I would just call - I do not think he will call often enough with hands you beat to risk being 3-bet.

Surf

detruncate
08-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; Pot won by Hero (12 BB).

Results:
BB shows 8s Kh (one pair, eights).
Hero shows Jd Jc (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 12 BB.

I thought about raising for a moment, but the board seemed too coordinated for it to make sense. It wasn't so much the result that got me thinking... but rather the fact that people love to bluff scary boards. I seem to fall for it more often than I should.

Appreciate the responses.

Sent
08-28-2004, 04:24 PM
I like the river call. You raise and he is bluffing and he folds you still only get 1 BB. If you raise and he has a good hand and he 3-bets you will lose 2-3 BB. If you call him and he bluffs you win 1 BB, and if you lose you only lose 1 BB.

Guess I didnt need to explain that /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Sent