PDA

View Full Version : a little help

hoc
08-27-2004, 10:43 PM
hi all.

6 seat 50/1 200bb ,max buyin.

four people to the flop

i have 450bb everybody else has around 150-200.

i have kqh flop comes a j 10 two spades. 20bb already in.

hears where the fun starts. bb goes allin (150bb), could mean anything flush draw, single A etc. tight good player raises allin(200bb). this means he has kq as i havent ever seen him call an allin or go allin without the nuts. preflop raiser calls allin(200bb).

with this action my read on preflop raiser was aa jj, so as i said at best im spliting. my first thought was to call without a doubt, but then my mind went into overdive. what if old mr tight nuts is freerolling. is it worth folding and keeping my stack to play with, as someone is going to be a hugh stack, and more importantly two of the player are more than likely pissed so it shouldn't be to hard to win the big stack if indeed they do get lucky.

as i say at best i'm spliting and winning 175bb, if my read is right. at worst i think im up agaisnt 14 out twice, if my maths is right.

thanks for your thought. also would this be better in the high stakes due to the amount of bb involve.(i'm not quite sure)

Wayfare
08-27-2004, 11:25 PM
They can't all have the nuts. If I read it correctly you flopped the nuts. If there is a good chance that people are going in with one pair, I think you have to call because of the huge pot and the dead money in. If you are sure that someone has a set, you might consider folding but I really think two pair could go in here too, or a flush draw.

I think its a must call.

BobboFitos
08-27-2004, 11:50 PM
This is a must call.
I posted a hand like this a little while ago, a little less money involved but the parameters were similar - and basically - never fold the nuts.
It's that simple. Call.

hoc
08-28-2004, 05:25 AM
thanks for the responses.

i understand that this is a must call and i did. what i am trying to work out is if it is worth the risk. i mean if my read was right and the tight guy did have kq, which i felt 99% certain he did, someone was flushing(mostly likely)/two pair and another maybe was boating. is it that much of a +ev. im not sure that it is, 14 out which was my quick guess wins just over half the time, so i have a 50% chance of winning 185bb( i forgot to include the pot in my first post), but it is costing me 200bb to call.

SirArthur
08-28-2004, 09:55 AM
If you fold this hand, you shouldn't be playing poker.

They both may have sets, someone might have TP/TK nut flush draw.
You flopped the absolute nuts, two guys go all in. This is a dream situation for any poker player.

What were the results?