PDA

View Full Version : HU against a 2+2er end of s/g

MissOt
08-27-2004, 09:55 PM
ok here we go! me against mackthefork end of a 2 table s/g on stars. we are good friends and play these all the time. also we have played 10 HU matches or so. so we each have each other pretty well read (or so he thinks lol).

i had around 9500 in chips and he had 17k or so. blinds 400/800 a50. we have been playing for 5 hands or so HU mostly just calling the bb and the action was being dont post flop until this hand....

he raised to 2450(i knew he had nothing because of the raise. if he had a hand he would play it totally different) so i pushed with 9500 with 47o and he waited for a bit and called 6800 with 89h.

ok he someone thinks this is a good call and he will post his reply after this, BUT i think this is a horrible call.
1) even if i have t2 in my hand i am ahead! it is very likely i will have AT LEAST one over card. meaning he is calling expecting a 60/40!
2) if he folds he still has a 3k chip lead (i know he called because he is scurrrrrred going hu with me having only a 3k chip lead!)
3) i could have easily had a hand and had him very badly dominated. if he loses this, i have over a 2-1 chip advantage and pretty much an easy win!

now you can listen to his ''argument'' on a horrible call imo! lol

edit - he is going to say he had the right odds to call blah blah. but you cant think of odds now. if he loses its pretty much over... this is totally situational and odds dont apply because you just need to win this hand not long term. you cant afford to lose this hand!

SmileyEH
08-27-2004, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he is going to say he had the right odds to call blah blah. but you cant think of odds now. if he loses its pretty much over... this is totally situational and odds dont apply because you just need to win this hand not long term. you cant afford to lose this hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmm...I'm not sure what to say to this.

-SmileyEH

fnurt
08-27-2004, 10:04 PM
You pushed because you had a read. Was he not allowed to have a read?

mackthefork
08-27-2004, 10:19 PM
The reason I called is because I was calling 6800 in a pot of 12000, if I put you on AKo I am 40/60 and a call is technically correct in my opinion, if i put you on A7o or weaker (which is more likely imo) then I am 48/52 again a call is correct. After i have raised the pot to that level I have to call I believe with suited connectors like 89h and the pot giving me nearly 2-1 on my call. In addition I have 8000 left if i lose and so i can still win, folding here is not good imo.

Regards Mack

lastchance
08-27-2004, 10:24 PM
If you're going to call anyway, why pot commit yourself?

You can push for maximum equity and get those two suited faces out of the way, or you can take a flop and bust MissOt.

mackthefork
08-27-2004, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to call anyway, why pot commit yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest i did not deliberately pot commit myself, but when he pushed i realised i had to call it. Would you fold, or I guess you never put yourself in these situations. Good question though.

Regards Mack

MissOt
08-27-2004, 10:28 PM
why call EXPECTING! to be an underdog with a 2-1 chip lead???!! even if you fold you still have a 3k advantage!
why not just fold and out play me with the 3k lead?!? lol

fatduck
08-27-2004, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why call EXPECTING! to be an underdog with a 2-1 chip lead???!! even if you fold you still have a 3k advantage!
why not just fold and out play me with the 3k lead?!? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

This was mentioned before, but you pushed because you read him for a weak hand...maybe he called because he thought you might push here with any two?

MissOt
08-27-2004, 11:28 PM
because i am the super elite unreadable perfect poker player? duh...

MisterNatural
08-28-2004, 02:35 AM
"he raised to 2450(i knew he had nothing because of the raise. if he had a hand he would play it totally different) so i pushed with 9500 with 47o and he waited for a bit and called 6800 with 89h."

I think his preflop raise is fine for a steal, but if he lowers it he gets to see a flop that could end up busting you or one that he can still walk away from it. You have a read on him, but I don't see the value in pushing 47o. I fold to his raise and pick a better hand to play.

1) You're thinking he's going to fold his garbage to your huge re-raise, but why take the risk that he will call and hit something. At this point it's going to be hard to laydown as the big stack, especially if he thinks that you're a better player.

2) You're the short stack but the blinds are such that you don't have to jump all-in so quickly. You don't have the leverage to be bluffing like this, especially online where you can't really do a lot of acting.

3) If you are the better player, you don't want to turn it into a preflop coin toss with questionable hands until you're against the wall. Outplay him post flop with something reasonable.