PDA

View Full Version : Kind of sad, kind of funny

Ptolemy
08-27-2004, 09:32 PM
Just because I've had the worst two hours I needed to pass on this funny story. 45 minutes into a tourney on Party tonight I'm sitting kind of short stacked but the blinds are small still so I'm not worried. Suddenly my router has a major meltdown, followed about 10 minutes later by me having a major meltdown. Anyway, long story short it took over two hours to get things working again. Needless to say I was blinded out of the event. However, for laughs I thought I'd check to see where I finished. Out of 1333 players I came in...337! Not bad for not even being at the table. Kind of makes me wonder if I had a decent stack if I would have made it into the money. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Now, the big question, do I request a hand history and see how many times I had AA while I was offline. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take care,
Pto

VeraN
08-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Haha its funny how you mention this because I had a similar problem about a month ago. I was playing 3 $5 SNGs when suddenly my internet goes down. During this time I've been having this problem a lot but it would usually be fixed when I plug my power cord out of the cable modem and plug it back in.

This time it didn't and I was extremely frustrated and angry because I've lost a lot of money because of this in the past and Roadrunner never seemed to do anything about it. All these outages were becoming a nuisance. Needless to say, after about 3 hours I come back knowing the SNGs ended since they usually last 1 1/2 hour tops. I was surprised to see that in one of them I actually made third place.

And by the way, it is also very interesting that you could fold your money into the money. Just keep that in mind next time when you have an extremely healthy stack, there's no need to cripple your stack when you could fold all the way through.

SmileyEH
08-28-2004, 05:25 AM
My internet just went out while I had twice the avg stack in a big PP multi...when I got back I was about a half the avg stack.

grrr

-SmileyEH

dogmeat
08-28-2004, 07:41 PM
I was in an 800 player $10 tourny at Stars when my internet went down. When this happened we were down to 32 players, all already in the money. I kept rebooting for a half-hour, then gave up. I came in 26th place and got about $100. Now I have DSL for my regular play, but also AT+T dial-up as a back-up ($15 a month). Once or twice each month it goes into use - this is well worth the money!

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif