PDA

View Full Version : How did this one play out poker players?

pokerstudAA
08-27-2004, 09:22 PM
OK players - this one is early on in a SNG

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed)

CO (t1177)
Button (t410)
SB (t570)
Hero (t1228)
UTG (t1010)
UTG+1 (t595)
MP1 (t715)
MP2 (t650)
MP3 (t1645)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t30, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls t30, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, UTG calls t90, Button calls t90, SB folds.

I knew the button would limp in here with almost anything. The small blind could also complete with nearly any two cards. UTG - not so sure what he is limping in with here in such an early position....I figured to play this hand fast if I hit a decent flop.

Flop: (t390) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, UTG calls t300, Button folds.

Not a bad flop considering. Here I am concerned about the 10 and a higher pair. I go ahead and bet about 3/4 the pot considing I had 5 outs if he had the ten and was going to lose if he had the AT. I also wanted to bet enough so that if he held two clubs he would consider folding.

If he held JJ, QQ, KK, AA I think he either would have reraised me after his early position limp either on the flop or would have reraise me after the flop being concerned about the club draw also.

Turn: (t990) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t600</font>, UTG calls t590 (All-In).

At this point if he had one of the big pairs I was is excellent shape. This is where the A10 crept back into my mind. I decided to go ahead and keep playing it and pushed him all in. I had the two pair and was now hoping he had KT, QT, JT. Should I have backed off here? Knowing that he called my bet on the flop I though he likely had a made hand. Should I have check to see how he would play it? If he held a single club I also wanted to make him pay to draw this last river card. Any thoughts? Should I bet concerned that he held KT of clubs? Any two clubs? Is it possible to check/call, check/fold here?

River: (t2180) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2180

Should I be more careful when I come flying out of the blind wiling to risk my whole stack?