PDA

View Full Version : calling capped preflop betting with AKo?

phifediggy
08-27-2004, 08:15 PM
2/4 limit at party

utg calls $2, i raise to $4 with AKo, person behind raises to $6, another raises to $8. i called the additional $4 and dropped when the flop came Q65r. turns out the person who raised to $6 had AJo and the person who raised to $8 had 99. opinions on what hands/conditions to cap or call capped preflop betting with?

prayformojo
08-27-2004, 08:32 PM
This might derail your thread a bit, but you dropped when the board came Q high rainbow? Your description isn't entirely clear, but I see at least 16 SB in the pot. How many bets were to you when you folded?

Oh, and your actual question is unlikely to get much response because it's just too broad. There are different circumstances in which to raise, 3bet and cap pre-flop. If you want a good set of pre-flop hands and actions, get Small Stakes Hold'em.

If you really just want to know if your opponents made mistakes, the answer is probably yes. 3-betting AJo is rarely correct; ditto capping 99. On the other hand, if your opponents have a note on you saying "Folds premium hands to aggression on the flop after raising pre-flop, being re-raised, and hitting uncoordinated board", they may have some reason for acting the way they did.

Oh, and there is no way you can fold AKo pre-flop when it comes capped back to you.

cnfuzzd
08-27-2004, 08:42 PM
First Get a hand history. Then use bisonbison's hand convertor here (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) . Then, process comments.

Oh, and folding AK preflop in limit poker could be one of the more rediculous ideas ever.

peace

john nickle

phifediggy
08-27-2004, 08:45 PM
whoops sorry i didn't make it clear in my post. on the flop, utg checked, i checked (should've bet, i know), AJo bet, 99 raised, utg called. so i made the decision to get out right then. (the turn was another Q and the river 6, the 99 took it with Qs over 9s.)

and i'll check out small stakes hold'em; thanks for your reply.

phifediggy
08-27-2004, 08:47 PM
ah so that's how everyone does their hand histories. i had no idea. thanks.

MicroBob
08-27-2004, 09:19 PM
You should not check the flop here.
BET!!!

Happily raise-away with AKo PF.
I have a couple of exceptions for this....but usually only if it is capped before it gets to me and a couple of the players involved are really solid and I know they have tight raising standards.

Otherwise, against players who you don't have much of a read on....raise raise raise.