PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 hand: Suited Connector

08-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Here's a hand that made me wish I listened to my mother and took up the piano.

30-60 Fairly Tight-Aggressive. 10 handed...Just lost a monster pot with 72off against pocket Kings...I flopped a pair of twos and called him down.

I'm MP with 7s6s. I limp behind two EP Players. three other's limp behind me..The button raises...SB mucks. BB calls as does everyone else.

7 players will see the flop. There is $420 in teh pot. As the dealer deals the flop I see Daniel Negreanu and nearly wet my pants..I'm in teh same room with a "Celebrity" poker player.

The flop comes:

Ad5sQc

An EP bets out..The other EP mucks. I call with a potential flush and straight backdoor draws. MP Raises..eveyone folds to the button to 3 bets it....BB mucks..CP Caps it. I call as does the MP and Button

4 See the Turn with $900 in the pot.

The turn is 6d

So the board is Ad5sQc6d

Cool, I thought...I have a pair of sixes.. Surprising, EP checks, I check, MP checks. Button says, "No free lunches here" Which makes me think of a bologna sandwich I had a few hours...Wished I would of had fries with that. Anyway, The button bets...EP Check-raises...With a pair of sixes. I feel I have a powerful hand so I want to get "maximum value" for it and increase the pot odds for everyone to stay..therefore winning more money....so I 3 bet it. MP Mucks. Button caps...EP calls as do I.

3 see the River with $1620 in the pot

The river produces the 2c.

So the Final board is Ad5sQc6ds2c

EP Bets...I raise (thinking of course of maximum value), Button 3 bets, EP Caps its I call as does the button. EP shows 5c5d for a set. Button triumphal shows Pocket Queens. I show my pair of 6's...Button rakes a monster pot of $2340.

After the hand, I spot Jim Brier and explain the hand and ask if he'd put it in his next Card Player Column. Jim laughs in my face and throws a Lennox-Lewis type right hook to my jaw.

Oh well such is life and such is poker..So just remember..there is a time to live and there is a time to die.

Comments on my hand?

08-09-2002, 02:04 PM

08-09-2002, 02:16 PM

08-09-2002, 02:21 PM
On the flop you make the biggest mistake as you should've asked Mr. Negreanu to play the rest of the hand for you.

On the turn, you should go into check-calling mode. There is a strong possibility that your "freshly catched" Sixes are cracked, but I'd hate not to get to a showdown with it. If you fold here, people will be taking shots at you.

On the river, you should perhaps consider raising. Button might have hit the 43 gutshot, so you need to raise in order to scare him out of the pot. As for the EP, he might pay you off with a pair of Fives, annoyed that you might outdrew him on the turn, but fold a pair of Queens, thinking he has put enough money in there with a loser already.

lars

08-09-2002, 02:47 PM

08-09-2002, 05:01 PM
The lay down of quad story was funnier than this one. :-)

08-09-2002, 07:37 PM

08-09-2002, 07:41 PM
First of all, I don't see how you could lose a "monster pot" with 72o against KK. How could you possibly play that hand except in the BB, with a free play? Even if KK limped and gave you a free one, surely he showed aggression later, and your pair of twos- I guess you were confident or something.

As to this hand- man, you played poorly. Sorry, but it's the truth. First off all, your "backdoor straight and flush draws" don't give you the leeway to call on the flop. Then you compound your problems by catching a six on the turn and actually think you're AHEAD!! ROFLMAO. Bet it up, bet it up, and then call on the river when you don't improve. I need to get you in my game.

BTW, my log in starts with a Z... /images/smile.gif

Leon

08-09-2002, 08:45 PM
I believe your post is a jock. You're pulling everybody's leg. Can't believe the monster pot loss with 72o, nor your play with 76 on any of the rounds. You should've waited for 1st of April to post this!