PDA

View Full Version : When to stop raising

08-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Playing 20-40 HE game last night. All fold to cutoff who raises. He is a solid player and a good friend of mine...not that that makes any difference when we are at the poker table. The button folds.

I look down and see QQ and reraise and he calls. The flop comes KQ5 rainbow. I bet he raises and we take it all the way to 100 with him just calling the final bet.

The turn is an 8 and I bet and he raises. I call. Should I have reraised here? I check call the river and he shows KQ and I take down the pot. Any comments?

08-09-2002, 01:13 PM
I think I would have waited until the turn before pulling the trigger in this heads-up, blind versus steal-raiser situation. But having gone to war on the flop, I like your play on the turn and river.

In a heads-up situation, does the cap of a bet and four raises still apply?

08-09-2002, 01:13 PM
You must know your friend well enough to know if he'd make it 4 bets before the flop with KK. As I was reading your post my first thought was he had KQ, but when he raised the turn I assumed you were beat.

He must be a good friend to pay you off so nicely!

08-09-2002, 01:16 PM
I would have bet the flop but called when he raised, then check raised the turn.

Then, depending on how likely your friend is to just call your 3 bet KK heads up BTF, I may or may not reraise.

08-09-2002, 01:21 PM
No,we could have continued forever. He just called at the fifth bet. When I bet the turn and he raised again I thought he had set me up for the turn raise.