PDA

View Full Version : Mistake to 3bet this river board h2h?

carniplant
08-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm new to the table, no reads on anyone.should i have slowed down after my opponent wakes up on the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

butters
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
i'd play it the same. you're behind KJ, but since you've got the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, it'd be tough (but not impossible) for him to hang in with KJo after your flop bet.

i'd be surprised if you didn't take this down.

bisonbison
08-27-2004, 04:33 PM
I concur. Not 3-betting this river would be a mistake.

carniplant
08-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Thanks guys, in the middle of a bad run so i figure its always good to check on the basics, yea he had KJs of clubs and took it down.