PDA

View Full Version : Help me get better!!!

08-09-2002, 10:40 AM
$15-$$30 Hollywood Park

'Usually crowd’ 4 limpers and the button raise sb call's and I call with KJ(d)

The button has been showing nothing but big hand for the last two hours. up about 2 racks. I had been folding 90% of my hands.

Flop Ks 4d 8d I bet all call but the small blind.

Turn Ks 4d 8d As

What's my play and why?

08-09-2002, 01:31 PM
I'd bet it out again with your big pair, fair kicker, and flush draw. If you get raised, it'll be most likely be the button who does it. Hopefully, by this time, one of two things will have happened:

1. The callers in between will fold, fearing getting sandwiched here. This isn't bad, since your king may be good.

2. The callers will call one bet, get raised by the button, you will call, all others will call. This is fine, since you're getting good odds on your flush draw.

I don't think that there's an A-flush draw out there since you weren't raised on the flop. You have many outs to the best hand, and may be in the lead already. Bet this baby and see what happens. This is just my opinion, but I'm Just Another Sucker.

08-09-2002, 06:21 PM
I would have tried to checkraise the flop, while you've gotten a very good flop, even if you have the best hand you may not improve and get beat--checkraising the flop gives the greatest chance of thinning the field and a better idea of who may have what depending on who bet and who called. If I checkraised the flop and didn't get reraised I'd most certainly lead at the turn here, since you still have so many players in the hand it's a tougher decision, it might be that much harder to determine your action on the river depending on the number of players left if you don't improve....but when in doubt in these situations, I think it's usually better to bet.

Mike