PDA

View Full Version : Bigamus Slickamus Maximus

Nick709
08-27-2004, 04:08 PM
BB is fairly tight and very aggresive post flop.
Other two are big LP's
question is anyone not cap on the flop? I was pretty sure I was ahead or tied only really one hand BB 3-bets with that worries me I planned on slowing down on the turn if he bet into me again.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (12.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (14.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

tolbiny
08-27-2004, 04:11 PM
i'd play it just the same way, usually i would see a chop- but i would also see a hand with two big hearts as often as i would a 4 or AA

08-27-2004, 04:13 PM
looks routine, i'm guessing you either split, or beat his KK-JJ. maybe call the flop 3-bet, then raise the turn if he bets out again, but that might be a little to tricky, especially if he checks the turn anyways. i think you played it fine.

JohnShaft
08-27-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd play it just the same way, usually i would see a chop- but i would also see a hand with two big hearts as often as i would a 4 or AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's any chance of him having the flush draw given his description and his 3-bet PF seeing as the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif are spoken for.
I think you played it fine.
*However* if you consider him very aggressive Postflop to the extent that he could 3-bet a worse Ace like AQ here then I like calling the 3-bet and raising the Turn.

Nick709
08-27-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe call the flop 3-bet, then raise the turn if he bets out again

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this but I was still a little worried about AA, I figure if I cap and he checks to me I know I am either ahead or chopping. Although that line does allow me win a little more when I am ahead. Hmmmm I don't know I don't often get tricky with TPTK I usally just like the straitfoward aproach. Thoughts?

mikeyvegas
08-27-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*However*

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see this with a Stephen A. Smith voice...

[ QUOTE ]
...if you consider him very aggressive Postflop to the extent that he could 3-bet a worse Ace like AQ here then I like calling the 3-bet and raising the Turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

JohnShaft is wise /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nick709
08-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Hi Shaft,
Yes I do beleive he would three-bet with a worse A here I am liking that call the threebet pop the turn thing more and more. I would like to hear more thoughts on this.

08-27-2004, 04:24 PM
just keep in mind, there's a lot more ways for him to have AK, AQ, KK, QQ, KQs, and whatever else he might of felt like capping with at that moment then for him to have AA. For this reason alone, you have to believe that your most likely ahead and play it accordingly.

edit: you capped, which makes his range of likely holdings even wider.

JohnShaft
08-27-2004, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*However*

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see this with a Stephen A. Smith voice...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say "yes", but this is a name that hasn't reached this side of the Atlantic. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

JohnShaft
08-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Clear Call and Raise Situ for me then Nick, if there's worse Aces he'll 3-bet.
If he'll do it with AJ even then I *really* prefer the move.

Challenger suggested you won't get to Raise the Turn if he Checks it, but I think when you let him 3-bet he WILL bet the Turn almost always.

Raising the Turn is going to be a little hairy when a Q (and a little less a J) hits, but that's not going to be most of the time.

Also you cannot be scared of Calling and Raising the Turn because he might have exactly ONE hand, the AA. The odds are heavily against it. Particularly as you have noted how aggressive he is postflop anyway.

What I'd hate here is to call him down and be shown AQ. That would really make me kick myself for missing a bet.

There's just very little to be scared of here. With a less aggressive player who wouldn't 3-bet with a worse Ace you have nothing to gain by Call/Raising, but with this opponent you almost have nothing to lose.

tolbiny
08-27-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm voting for john shaft-
calling the three bet and raising the turn sounds might fine to me.... i might actually like it enough to use it myself.

MoreWineII
08-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Nice to see you John, haven't seen you around much lately.

JohnShaft
08-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks MW. I'm back from yet another one of my sabbaticals, but intending to stick around and post more this time.

Hope your games going well, and I owe you a PM, as soon as I get chance. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MoreWineII
08-27-2004, 04:49 PM
I know how that goes, as I'm on a small one myself. Well, not totally, but I've been playing less and posting (read: trying to learn) more.

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Nick709
08-27-2004, 11:13 PM
He had QQ and MHIG. /images/graemlins/grin.gif