PDA

View Full Version : A9 from the BB... AKA Why the **** did I fold? Pt. 2

08-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Doesn't a turn check raise usually mean that they can beat TPWK? Was I justified in laying this down, or did the fact that villian was shortstacked mean she was just trying to get all her chips in? I really feel like I played this far to weakly.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (3.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets $1 (All-In)</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

butters
08-27-2004, 04:17 PM
short stack bets/raises on party mean next to nothing, especially when they're that close to going all in. i would expect mp3 to play this way with any ace, so three-bet the flop, lead the turn would be my line.

slogger
08-27-2004, 04:23 PM
3-bet the flop. Flop raiser open-limped in LMP. What do you put him/her on?

The coldcall by cutoff is worrisome, but could easily just mean a flush draw.

I'd still put MP3 on a weaker A and at least call down once you've called a single bet on the turn.