PDA

View Full Version : I folded the turn

Riposte
08-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Did I do anything wrong?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

kenberman
08-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Raise pre-flop.
There are a couple different ways you can go on this flop, but I think yours is the worst possible. Calling 2 SB's, and then folding to 1 BB on the turn to a non-scare card? What was your plan?

cold_cash
08-27-2004, 03:42 PM
This will be easier to play if you raise pre-flop.

DMBFan23
08-27-2004, 03:43 PM
I'd raise preflop, and then I think the hand would play a little differently.

As it is, I think with SB check raising and then leading the turn, combined with all the callers, I would say you're drawing to 6 outs at best. but SB and BB are two of the aggressors in an unraised pot, so you could be drawing dead. I think with the 3 overcallers to SBs turn bet you can fold.

DMBFan23
08-27-2004, 03:44 PM
I think his plan was not to get check raised on the flop /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sent
08-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah gotta raise this PF, the flop would've missed you but on a raggedy board like this you can hope to take a free card or bet the turn depending on what comes

-Sent

DeathDonkey
08-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Raise preflop. Raise the flop. As you played it the turn fold is ok. My way probably commits you to calling one turn bet based on pot odds (this depends on how many opponents you will have in this hypothetical scenario).

-DeathDonkey