PDA

View Full Version : Getting frustrated...

Ryner
08-27-2004, 01:52 PM
I'm just ranting, so sorry in advance.

Seems like whenever I play an SnG lately, I finish in 4th or 5th place while terrible people who make terrible plays coast into the money because they get lucky. It's like I'm losing because I refuse to go all-in with an inside straight draw. And of course when I have a good hand everyone decides to stop betting half their stack with ace high. I dont know, I'm just whining, I havn't made it to the top 3 in forever and it's getting frustrating.

Sorry.

Cosimo
08-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Being tighter than the other players doesn't make you better. In early rounds, play more strong drawing hands (like suited connectors or suited aces). In middle rounds, you need to steal more blinds, which loosens you up vs the competition (who are usually so concerned with bubbling that they over-tighten). On the bubble, don't play to survive--you want enough chips going into the money to be able to reasonably compete for first.

But... what defines a good player is post-flop play. If you are better than them post-flop, then don't put all your money in on a preflop coinflip. Don't give them a chance to suck out on you; bet hard when you hit, and sometimes when you don't. Don't wait for monsters.

Finally, the long run for tournaments is pretty damn long; over a thousand.

ihaterivers
08-28-2004, 04:03 AM
If you have been winning money consistenly in sng's you should not worry about a losing streak. If you play sng's long enough you will encounter losing streaks of probably 10+ games. On the other side you will experience some very nice winning streaks that will more than make up for the losing streaks. If you are a successful sng player then just keep playing your game and the results will come.