PDA

View Full Version : Am I too LAG in this hand?

DavidC
08-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey guys, here's a hand that I may have been too aggressive in:

----------
I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif in mid pos.

Preflop: UTG: calls, folds, empty, me: raise, fold, empty, fold, button folds, small folds, big calls, utg calls.

7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

They check, I bet, they call.

6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

They check, I bet, they call.

2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Everyone checked.

BB turns over 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, UTG turns over A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
-----------

I'm a little concerned over the hand. Firstly, was I wrong to keep leading the betting? I was playing .5/1 at PP, and these guys are willing to fold (obviously not here).

I find that this is a very significant leak for me -- I bet into people who cold call me down with very little and beat me.

Any comments?

Entity
08-27-2004, 01:49 PM
I think you played this well (the turn bet is debatable, but I like it given that you haven't seen any aggression yet), and UTG played it terribly.

Rob

theghost
08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
I think you played fine. You have strong overcards and a backdoor draw to a nut flush (though it would not be *the* nuts).
Any 2 might not bet the flop, but surely they would come alive on the turn (no one did).
Any 7 should be betting that flop (no one did).
Checked to me I bet the flop, start thinking if there's a c/r.

By the turn you might be up against OESD - so what, bet it.

River is only mildly scary if you think there's a 6 out there that someone was lame enough to not bet on the turn (I don't see that happenning often).

I bet every street if checked to me, no doubt.

On this board, any pocket pair, 6, or 7 makes the boat - I don't think either of these guys has a 6 or 7. It's possible that there is a baby pair that check/calls along, then tries to c/r the river w/ their boat. I doubt it.

Comments on the results:
UTG limped pf w/ big slick so you have no reason to believe he's got you beat, he sucks. BB doesn't ever have you beat, and shouldn't even be there for the turn (where he catches his eventually missed draw).

My $.02.

You might want to leave out results in the future so we can't see what ended up happenning (as it will influence the thinking process).