PDA

View Full Version : Runner Runner

Battlefoe
08-27-2004, 01:08 PM
anyone know what the probablility oh hitting runner runner on the turn and river to make the winning hand.

say I have A-K....u have 6-7 clubs......the flop is

Qc-Jc-10h........i have a straight...u have a flush draw.

turn is 2c, river is 3c.....what is the probability of that happening in terms of percentages?

mostsmooth
08-27-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone know what the probablility oh hitting runner runner on the turn and river to make the winning hand.

turn is 2c, river is 3c.....what is the probability of that happening in terms of percentages?

[/ QUOTE ]
you want 6 clubs or 5?

stinkypete
08-27-2004, 02:07 PM
if you have 3 cards to a flush, the probability of hitting runner runner in this case is:

9/47 * 8/46

or, if you know your opponent doesn't have any clubs:

9/45 * 8/44

Bulldog
08-27-2004, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the odds in making a flush when flopping a three-flush are 23:1. So if that is the case (which is different than your example), you are going to win about 95% of the time, if there are no other outs.

In your example, assuming your ace and king are both non-clubs, your opponent has a 1.8:1 chance of making his flush, and a longshot of splitting if the turn and river are an ace and a king, both non-clubs. You are about 63% to win.

http://twodimes.net/poker/

DcifrThs
08-29-2004, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

board= QcJdTh you have AK no clubs. I have 7c6c.
there are 10 clubs left. i need to catch one of those 10 cards on the turn AND THEN 1 of the 9 remaining clubs on the river.

so its (10/45)*(9/44)=.045 or 21.2222222:1 against

-Barron

Gator
09-01-2004, 01:31 PM
A useful way to think of this is to count runner runner as one additional out. Example, you have As Kd - you put your opponent on pocket tens. Flop comes 3s 8H Qc. You have 3 aces and 3 kings as outs - the runner runner spade (for ace high flush) can be counted as a 7th out.