PDA

View Full Version : AQo in SB

Kluddeludde
08-27-2004, 12:37 PM
This hand came up earlier today and I don't like how I played, but I can't quite put the finger on what. How about some help? Unfortunately, I have no read on villain.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.50 BB, won by MP3.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP3.</font>

The more flaming I get, the better.

Kludde

BaronVonCP
08-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Fold preflop. There are players that I will 3 bet in this spot, but generically its a fold for me.

If you 3 bet and he caps. Yuck. That's all I can say really. You can think about folding to the flop bet. Not sure what you are looking to hit. Ace is probably the best, mainly because I don't see people capping with AK like they should. So its AA, KK, QQ are more likely in my eyes.

Anyways, the pot is offering you an ok price on the flop, so I can't hate on that call too much. The turn is where I would fold for sure. The only time I am calling the turn is if I am calling the river unimproved (against silly LAGs).

tolbiny
08-27-2004, 12:50 PM
if i got to the turn in this manner i would either C/r or fold.

MoreWineII
08-27-2004, 12:55 PM
With 5 players having folded preflop to MP3, I'm not as willing to concede huge pocket pair. When he caps, though, it gets a little scary.

Being out of position just plain sucks. Honestly, and this sounds really weak-tight, I probably check/call the flop and check/fold the turn.

It's painful even saying that.

Analyst
08-27-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. There are players that I will 3 bet in this spot, but generically its a fold for me.

If you 3 bet and he caps. Yuck. That's all I can say really. You can think about folding to the flop bet. Not sure what you are looking to hit. Ace is probably the best, mainly because I don't see people capping with AK like they should. So its AA, KK, QQ are more likely in my eyes.

Anyways, the pot is offering you an ok price on the flop, so I can't hate on that call too much. The turn is where I would fold for sure. The only time I am calling the turn is if I am calling the river unimproved (against silly LAGs).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so sure about folding this in the SB. The raise is coming from a late position and a decent MP3 could have wide range of open-raising hands. If the raise came from a strong, tight, early-position player, that's another story entirely and folding AQo could often be the best play.

Other than that, I agree with your analysis. The PF cap isn't good news, and I'd get away from this one on the turn. Otherwise, you could only hope that they have something like JJ or TT (if they'd cap with these, unlikely), and that you hit your 6-outer on the river (for which you're not getting odds anyway).

arkady
08-27-2004, 01:03 PM
In a pot that small, with dirty outs (number of which we can not be certain) - next time, fold the turn.

Also, unless the BB is very loose - I would smooth call pre flop.