PDA

View Full Version : Raising KJo in MP...

MoDOH
08-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Been playing for an hour or so and there is alot of limping going on with all kind of hands.
read is that Button is really tight with only 11% VP$IP from 150 or so hands. the rest is pretty much typical PP folks...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

missplayed on every street or what...

papawawa
08-27-2004, 12:33 PM
I think you've got to bet the flop: 1)you showed strength preflop 2) you're closing the action 3) you could very well have the best hand 4) Other hands will fold.
Other than that I like your line.

pokerkai
08-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Id be more inclined to take a shot on the flop to see where I stand, then take the free card.

Kluddeludde
08-27-2004, 12:40 PM
I would bet the flop and take a free card on the turn instead. It is cheaper and I really don't think you can push everyone out with your bet on the turn.

Kludde

Kluddeludde
08-27-2004, 12:41 PM
You beat me to it. I really should start reading other posts before I offer my own opinion...

Kludde

MoreWineII
08-27-2004, 12:43 PM
It's unanimous.

tolbiny
08-27-2004, 12:48 PM
I really should start reading other posts before I offer my own opinion...

Heck no- post your own opinion and then read others to see if you still think your is right or not. No one minds reading an extra two lines or repetition, and it will help you game to express you ideas alone at first, and then try to figure out why people differ.

MAxx
08-27-2004, 01:00 PM
do you normally raise KJo in this spot? i see your reads, but i am just ckecking b/c i remember reading at least one other of your posts really recently where it looks like you are raising kind of light preflop. I am not saying that you are makeing a bad play here, I just want to point out that I have noticed you raising light preflop so that you know (in case you dont know).

Kluddeludde
08-27-2004, 01:04 PM
I agree and that is why I rarely read other responses until after I have posted. It felt silly, though, to state the exact same thing. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Kludde

arkady
08-27-2004, 01:08 PM
With two EP limpers, I would *consider* raising KJs to buy the button IF those limpers were poor players.

You are just being overly aggressive...but.

Letting a lonely A see the turn for free on a pretty uncoordinated board, seems silly to me. Bet the flop! You got the momentum and the position.

tolbiny
08-27-2004, 01:10 PM
It felt silly, though, to state the exact same thing

Hell NO!!!! When everyone agrees with me i feel SMART!!!!
when no one agrees... well everyone else is an idiot anway /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MoreWineII
08-27-2004, 01:10 PM
KJo is borderline for me. Like arkady said, it depends on the limpers. Buying the button is nice though.

MoDOH
08-27-2004, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you normally raise KJo in this spot? i see your reads, but i am just ckecking b/c i remember reading at least one other of your posts really recently where it looks like you are raising kind of light preflop. I am not saying that you are makeing a bad play here, I just want to point out that I have noticed you raising light preflop so that you know (in case you dont know).

[/ QUOTE ]

No I usually muck KJo here but sometimes when the players at the table are right and the stars and planets are aligned I do this kind of borderline play... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Itīs not my PreFloplay that needs working itīs my PostFlop play, well mainly that is... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

MoDOH
08-27-2004, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Letting a lonely A see the turn for free on a pretty uncoordinated board, seems silly to me. Bet the flop! You got the momentum and the position.

[/ QUOTE ]

duly noted...