PDA

View Full Version : what do you do with a loose cannon?

jah0550
08-27-2004, 12:06 PM
I was playing against the loosest player I've ever seen last night on PP. He called every bet and was in every pot. He called a guy who went all-in with QQ with 49s and somehow won. The villan kept doing this to everyone at the table. I know I should wait for a monster, but he had such a huge chip lead and called EVERYTHING. I waited until the blinds almost ate me up until I got a hand, but by then it was too late. How can you possibly play against a player like this? I just pray that I run into him again.

Robert Ezzo
08-27-2004, 12:30 PM
That kind of player can be hard to play against - just don't bother bluffing him, and hope your hand will beat him when the time comes.

The only solice I can give is that most players who constantly push with crap will bust out more often than not, so they are bigtime net losers. It sounds like you just happened to play in a tourney where the cards fell just right.... happened to me 3 nights ago when I got really bad beats twice in a row from the same guy and got knocked out of the tournament 15 hands in... the same guy went on to win. He literally rivered the right card 7 times in one tournament. It was amazing luck, but fun to watch (even though I lost).

Toro
08-27-2004, 01:01 PM
I don't think you can wait to make your move against a loose cannon in a tourney. A cash game, yes. But in a tourney, everyone is more or less thinking the same thing, I'll wait until I got the right hand. In the meantime, the loose cannon is accumulating to many chips and as you know chips are power in tourneys.

So you have to attack the loose player with good hands but you have to be careful not to run into others at the table that have very good or great hands. So this means, attack from late position and the blinds preflop.

tubbyspencer
08-27-2004, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can you possibly play against a player like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I just pray that I run into him again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Toro
08-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Bravo for pointing out the paradoxical statements.

Phill S
08-27-2004, 03:15 PM
i dont think its a paradox.

saying i dont think i can beat a player like this, i hope i meet him again is a paradox.

big maniacs like this can be hard (read very hard) play play, its often a fingers crossed moment, but they can be hugely popular long term because, as pointed out, they are unprofitable long term.

and by asking for the tools to defeat somone like this you will be confident in the next confrontation with someone like this.

Phill

Toro
08-27-2004, 03:17 PM
Ok.

Potowame
08-27-2004, 03:21 PM
I was playing in a MTT last night with one two seats to my right,and another to my left. Oh, what a good time that was, not really.

the one to my left busted me out called my 4xbb raises, I had AA he had KQos Queen high flop, I push he calls- K on the turn, good times.

Was this player playing loose passive, not raising but just calling everything. Thats, always fun but you can count on a payoff with as little as TPDK, your KJ will be good against his K8 and so on. And he will call you down with the K8 so make him pay dearly in those situations.

BigJer
08-27-2004, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good laydown!