PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Scenario

ChrisW
08-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Tournament is 3-handed; payouts are 50/30/20.

Button has T700
You (SB) have T2,600
BB has T10,200

Blinds are 75/150. The button folds; the BB is a decent and aggressive player. Do you raise (how much?), fold, or move in, and why?

jeeves
08-27-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm going to ask the obvious question: What cards were you dealt?

Sam T.
08-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Um...am I missing something? What cards do I have? That sometimes affects my decision-making process.

The once and future king
08-27-2004, 12:46 PM
I voted fold.

Reasons: I dont know what my cards are and with the small stack being so small an all I dont need to steal with any 2.

Phill S
08-27-2004, 02:38 PM
sorry man, im not voting without cards.

i know its wrong, but im going all in with a big hand like Aces or Kings, even Queens.

and if im dealt 27o, im err, not.

Phill

stinkypete
08-27-2004, 02:51 PM
this is an obvious all in. you are obviously already pot committed with 75 chips in the pot, so there's no way you can get away from this hand. you don't want to just call or raise a small amount because you don't want to give your opponent free cards, as you're clearly ahead at this point. by going all in, you might make your opponent think that you're just trying to steal his blind, so there's a good chance that he'll call with his obviously inferior hand.

Phill S
08-27-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is an obvious all in. you are obviously already pot committed with 75 chips in the pot, so there's no way you can get away from this hand. you don't want to just call or raise a small amount because you don't want to give your opponent free cards, as you're clearly ahead at this point. by going all in, you might make your opponent think that you're just trying to steal his blind, so there's a good chance that he'll call with his obviously inferior hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant work out if your being sarcastic or if your drunk.

i think the point that the post was about is your have a great hand (that is secret to even you apparently) so do you fold with a probable second place, or play for the double, risk a knock out but increasing your 1st place chances.

Phill

stinkypete
08-27-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i cant work out if your being sarcastic or if your drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]
work on that.

[ QUOTE ]

i think the point that the post was about is your have a great hand (that is secret to even you apparently) so do you fold with a probable second place, or play for the double, risk a knock out but increasing your 1st place chances.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think that the post had absolutely no point at all without a mention of what hand you were holding.

Phill S
08-27-2004, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i think that the post had absolutely no point at all without a mention of what hand you were holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but its like his 3rd post, maybe he forgot. and what i wrote is basicly what i thought he meant. im guess a missed paragraph was your dealt pocket aces.

Phill

maryfield48
08-27-2004, 05:09 PM
This is a tremendous thread.