PDA

View Full Version : THE ALL IN DILEMMA

jhois
08-27-2004, 11:39 AM
I was recently playing in a small stakes game. As the blinds procedded to increase players began to decrease, and eventully it was down to the last three. One of the opponents, a tight-agressive, suddenly began going all in on each and every hand before the flop. The other player, an extremly loose type, would call his all in. I was in chip position, and was not going to call an all in that was not justifyable by the odds. (I was not going to risk my whole stack in order for him to get lucky) I ended up getting extremly frustrated after the 11th or 12th time he did his all in move. The other player who calls just about anything as long as he can draw out a hand, ended taking him out with a low pocket pair. I was so frustrated with this kind of play that I ended up making several big mistakes and losing the pot. I need to know how to play against this tactic??????????

tolbiny
08-27-2004, 11:42 AM
was this a tourny or a No limit game? Either way, just so you know, there are both single and multi table tournie sections and a nl/pl section. YOu are more likely to get appropriate advice from those two.

By the way, welcome to the forum

SomethingClever
08-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Dude, post this in the "Tournament Poker" section of the site. You'll get some responses there.

Here you're about to get 30 sarcastic remarks....

Good luck.