PDA

View Full Version : Heads up play on Stars (NA 2+2 Sit and Go)

gt6062b
08-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Ok, so after last night, I realized the extent that my heads up play needs work (no comments about how much the rest of my play needs work, that's obvious too /images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).

Is there anywhere I can find some good discussion about HU play, especially as it pertains to the Stars tournaments. I'm used to the Party blind/chip structure, which seems to force a push/fold scenario most of the time, even if stacks are equal.

I'd like to find out how some of you play Heads Up when:

You have a huge chip lead (5x other stack+)
You have a large chip lead (2x-5x other stack)
Stacks are about even (1/2x-2x other stack)
You have a small stack (less than 1/2x other stack)

For the purposes of the discussion, assume that the blinds are not a huge portion of stack at this time (BB 5-10% of small stack).

I'm also going to spend alot more time browsing the shorthanded forum now.

It was fun though, I certainly like the Stars structure a lot better than Party, but your mileage may vary /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

-GT

Ghazban
08-27-2004, 11:21 AM
I was looking for headup material a while back and found little. Mostly, people say its very opponent-dependent (and I agree) so any general tips/rules/guidelines are going to be pretty useless. The best thing to do is to play head-up SNGs. I don't know if Party or Stars have them but I know UB does (UB is where I've done the most SNGs; I hate Party's structure with a passion and just haven't tried them on Stars).

Toro
08-27-2004, 11:22 AM
try playing some cheap HU sngs.