PDA

View Full Version : Even if it doesn't change your life....

Barry
08-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Angel Fish and I have been in New Orleans for the week visiting her family and playing poker at Harrah's. The games were as good as always but I had not been running too well so far, but we headed down anyway for my last night in town before heading back home to Boston.

The cards turned around some, and I was up a rack at the 10/20 game and we were going to play just a little longer when I'm dealt Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif in the small blind. One guy was racking up his chips and the dealer explains that he can't have a rack on the table.

UTG raises, 3 cold callers (I told you the games were good) and I make it 3 bets, everybody calls.

Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet, UTG calls, everybody else folds

Turn is the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I check, UTG bets, I turn around and look at the bad beat jackpot tote board which is at nearly $6K and call.

River is the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check and pray that he has the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, he bets, I call.

He turns over A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and the rest of the table yells "show us the big pair" and I turn over my Q's and the table sort of "erupts"

The dealer tells everyone to freeze until the tapes were run and the deck was counted down. After that they started taking everyones ID's. The funny thing was that UTG kept asking the dealer "I do get the pot, don't I.", but the dealer couldn't push it to him until the hand was reviewed. So finally I get my almost $3K and the rest of the folks are given their shares.

A couple of footnotes:

If the dealer didn't get the 1 fellow to take his rack off the table the bad bead jackpot would not have been awarded.

The jackpot had just been won the day before when it was around $16K, so we just missed out on a much bigger jackpot.

One fellow had just sat down and rather than post, he decided to sit out, setting up the hand for us.

So it was a good ending for the trip.

scotnt73
08-27-2004, 08:59 AM
congrats! did the guy that sat out but was at the table get a cut of the jackpot?

Schmed
08-27-2004, 09:29 AM
lol....I play at that place all the time and only even came close once....my AQ kicker didn't play to a AAAK board. (that was 60k too...)... those mopes live for that jackpot. I love it when that thing get's huge. They play any ace and any suited connector for any number of bets....it's great...

Glad you and AF enjoyed your stay. Hope to see ya next time.

Barry
08-27-2004, 09:51 AM
No he didn't; you need to be dealt in the hand. I tossed him $10, as did the winner of the pot.

Schmed
08-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Ive seen people give a guy like that a table share. Not if he just joined the game but say he went and got food came back and was waiting for the blind to post. Him being gone made it possible for them to hit. Now they don't have to throw him any dough but I've seen it both ways.

Easy E
08-27-2004, 12:35 PM
If he had A3, would any river card have killed the jackpot?

Sarge85
08-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Clearly I'm retarded.

How is this a bad beat? You Queens got beaten...that's all I see.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BaronVonCP
08-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Play the 20/40, they don't take a jackpot drop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You people need to contact me when you head up to NO. I have a Baton Rouge crew, that likes to head that way to get some live action in.

fluff
08-27-2004, 01:23 PM
I guess it depends on the rules of the room. Some have Aces full of Queens beaten as their minimum qualifiying hand.

chrisdhal
08-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Aces full of queens got beat by quad aces.

Schmed
08-27-2004, 01:31 PM
they so rarely spread 20/40 I doubt they had it on a Thursday night......

Joe Tall
08-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Great story Barry. I hope that put you even for the week. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Schmed
08-27-2004, 01:42 PM
there it's aces full of tens beaten by 4 of a kind. You have to play both cards.

bernie
08-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Congrats. Great feeling isn't it?

[ QUOTE ]
The funny thing was that UTG kept asking the dealer "I do get the pot, don't I.", but the dealer couldn't push it to him until the hand was reviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this feeling. When i won mine, i was getting my asshanders award that night by the guy who was in the pot with me. I was just happy to beat him out of the pot finally.

[ QUOTE ]
One fellow had just sat down and rather than post, he decided to sit out, setting up the hand for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sucks to be him. Now he gets to sit and wait for all the paperwork to get done.

Cool story.

How much table share does Angelfish get? /images/graemlins/wink.gif (im assuming you're together)

b

namknils
08-27-2004, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess it depends on the rules of the room. Some have Aces full of Queens beaten as their minimum qualifiying hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the place I play at in Indiana requires Aces full of Tens beaten, but when my friend held an ace and hit quad aces to beat pocket tens it was no good because you have to have Aces full of Tens with an Ace in your hand. Oh well, that's the closest I've seen it.

BTW, congrats on the win Barry.

Barry
08-27-2004, 06:49 PM
LOL!

I wasn't running THAT bad!

Barry
08-27-2004, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats. Great feeling isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was, but not as great as yours must have been.

[ QUOTE ]
How much table share does Angelfish get? (im assuming you're together)

[/ QUOTE ]

AF was at a 6/12 table right behind me so she didn't get a table share, but she sure heard the excitement.

Barry
08-27-2004, 06:55 PM
I've never seen a 20/40 game going there and the 10/20 doesn't always go. Sometimes however if everyone at the 10/20 agree, they will boost it to 15/30.

Barry
08-27-2004, 06:58 PM
To get a table share you have to be dealt a hand. Sometimes the regulars agree to a "potty" exemption, but since he just sat down he didn't qualify.

BaronVonCP
08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
No doubt. I used to go regularly, now only once a month if that. Last time they had a 20/40 game going and I just kinda figured it was a new regular thing.