PDA

View Full Version : TQ sooted in BB lots of limpers

MoDOH
08-27-2004, 07:43 AM
The table was pretty standard PP...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Georgia Peach
08-27-2004, 08:22 AM
I think you were way too passive on the turn. I think the CO has a four flush. You've got to bet or c/r the turn.

All-In
08-27-2004, 08:32 AM
I don't know about the raise pre-flop but it's not that bad. I would just have called the CO raise on the flop. It doesn't look like CO was on a flush draw considering he bet out on the turn and river when no spade came.

sublime
08-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Preflop- Whatever, I would raise QJs here so I guess this makes sense.

Flop/Turn- I would probably cold call CO's raise and c/r a safe card on the turn. The pot is large enough that any bottom pair/gutshot can call 2 on the flop. Also You have a vulnerable holding that will either increase or decrease greatly in value depending on the turn card. All this is moot if CO is the type that would raise for a free card (more often than not they are not IMO)

TheMile
08-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Preflop: Works for me.

Flop: I love this line. There's usually no protecting your hand with this pot, so the bet and reraise are both primarily for value, against likely overcards, weaker 10s, and flush draws. Seeing two people fold to your 3-bet after calling one in 2/4 would've amazed me, but the pot is large so that's a bonus to the 3-bet.

Turn: What the heck are you scared of? Bet or checkraise! The only legitimate hands to be afraid of are KT, AT, 76, and maybe a slowplayed set.

River: Now you've also got to worry about a 9 or 87. I'd check and call. I think a lot of hands you beat on the river may semi-bluff when checked to.