PDA

View Full Version : How do you pick your Party 15/30 table?

Emoney
08-27-2004, 07:27 AM
what are your favorite table conditions?

SoBeDude
08-27-2004, 03:51 PM
This is a great and important question.

Proper table selection in the 15 games is very important to your win-rate.

Most people just look for the table with the biggest average pot. This is NOT nesessairly the best game. In fact, it is often a very loose-aggressive game where you're going to be paying 2 or 3 big bets every time you want to see a flop.

Personally, I identify bad players and sit at their tables. If you've spent any significant amount of time in these games and haven't amassed a substantial list of horrible players, then you're doing something wrong. Every session I seem to add 6+ new 'horribles' to my list.

But watching the tables and looking for fish is more important than any 'stat'. If you think a table appears good, watch it for a round or two. The good tables show themselves quickly.

I look to see that the pots are being contested multi-way. Games where 4+ people are seeing the flops are great. This gives you pot odds for just about any reasonable draw, and hence, allows you to profitably play good drawing hands from most positions.

Look for players who frequently call 2 bets cold preflop.

Look for players who pay you off when you check-raise or 3bet the turn and bet the river.

But to simplify it to a single sentence: Mark the fish and hunt them.

-Scott