PDA

View Full Version : My discpline is lacking BIG TIME...

TheJackal
08-27-2004, 05:50 AM
PokerStars Game #646035241: Tournament #2433580, Hold'em No Limit - Level II
(15/30) - 2004/08/27 - 05:22:59 (ET)
Table '2433580 27' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Abu67 (770 in chips)
Seat 2: ruffo (1955 in chips)
Seat 3: bonziwells (1455 in chips)
Seat 4: octeabagger (1555 in chips)
Seat 5: stickup (1435 in chips)
Seat 6: trmm (1640 in chips)
Seat 7: itz_zorak (2475 in chips)
Seat 8: Johnsears (1455 in chips)
Seat 9: madasian (3010 in chips)
ruffo: posts small blind 15
bonziwells: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bonziwells [Kd Ac]
octeabagger: calls 30
stickup: folds
trmm: folds
itz_zorak: calls 30
Johnsears: folds
madasian: calls 30
Abu67: folds
ruffo: calls 15
bonziwells: raises 90 to 120
octeabagger: calls 90
itz_zorak: calls 90
madasian: folds
ruffo: calls 90
*** FLOP *** [2h 5h Kc]
ruffo: bets 510
bonziwells: calls 510
octeabagger: folds
itz_zorak: folds
*** TURN *** [2h 5h Kc] [Qh]
ruffo: bets 1325 and is all-in
bonziwells: calls 825 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [2h 5h Kc Qh] [Jh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ruffo: shows [3h 8h] (a flush, Queen high)
bonziwells: shows [Kd Ac] (a pair of Kings)
ruffo collected 3180 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3180 | Rake 0
Board [2h 5h Kc Qh Jh]
Seat 1: Abu67 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: ruffo (small blind) showed [3h 8h] and won (3180) with a flush, Queen
high
Seat 3: bonziwells (big blind) showed [Kd Ac] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 4: octeabagger folded on the Flop
Seat 5: stickup folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: trmm folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: itz_zorak folded on the Flop
Seat 8: Johnsears folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: madasian folded before Flop
I know the all incall was horrible, I don't know why I did it. I knew he had a flush draw on the flop, and my old style would have been to go all in being 2:1. I've decided that isn't enough of an edge and to just call and move in on the turn (if the flush card doesn't come) in similar situations. I told myself "Fold if a heart hits the turn", and than a friggin heart hits, he moves in, and I still call (after nearly running my clock down from it's 60 seconds,trying to convice myself he would make a pot size bet on the flop with a king with a lower kicker, than move in on the turn when the pot is large, thinking I was BS'ing with a lower PP (yeah right!). WTF is wrong with me? If I was going to play the hand this badly I should have just moved in on the flop. And I don't like his play either, for one he bet too big on a non-nut flush and all he had was a draw, he put 1/4 of his chips in on a draw that wasn't to the nuts. I could of had the AK of hearts (or any other ace flush draw) and he is drawing dead to running 8's or 3's. But I can't place the blame on him, he overplayed his hand (in my view) and got paid off. The only positive thing is I felt he had a flush draw and I was right, just my discpline to fold the hand was not there. This is the main reason for poor results in the past, not following my instincts, getting married to hand, convincing myself I have someone beat, and not folding the hand. Anyone have any suggestions on improving on this? Does anyone ever feel like if they laydown a hand they might be giving up too much? I could have left myself 810 at the 15/30 level, I must really be stupid...

SossMan
08-27-2004, 11:21 AM
If you put your opponent on a flush draw everytime they make a pot sized bet on a two toned flop, you're going to be wrong more often than you are right.
If you fold TPTK every time a scare card gets there heads up, you will get run over.
I don't necessarily disagree with your conclusion, but more with the thought process...seems alot like results based reads.