PDA

View Full Version : Mirage 10-20: Pocket 2's in the BB

08-07-2002, 09:27 PM
Here’s a hand that made me wish I could switch Brains with Mason Malmuth..although I have better hair and probably a prettier girlfriend…

10-20 Loose Passive at the Mirage.

I’m the big blind with Pocket 2...

EP Limps….2 MP limps.…Button raises.…..SB Three bets…….I call as does everyone else

The flop comes 422 rainbow!! WOW I flopped quads..

SB Bets out.…I call….EP raises….both MP folds….button folds….SB 3 bet….I call.… EP Caps it..SB and I call.

The Turn brings another 4.…SB Bets…I call.…EP raises..…SB 3 bets…..I call…..EP Caps it….SB calls..…I think about it for a moment…One of them has to have pocket 4’s…so I muck disgusting, but in the back of mind, I know I did the right thing…When you’re certain you’re beaten you have to disregard the pot odds and your pride to let a hand go…Though it was a hard laydown, by the grace of God and my savior Jesus Christ…I know I will be supported in my decision. A decision that might hurt in the short term, but in the long term..it will help to bring me closer to ever-lasting life and an inner peace I seek…

The river is a blank…SB Checks…EP bets…SB Calls…EP shows A4 for a full house….SB disgusting mucks pocket Aces face up…

After that hand…I order a double shot of Jack Daniels, a 7 and 7, a Long Island Ice Tea, and 3 shots of Absolute Vodka…I quit drowned my sorrow and think about the quads that got away….

But then I got laid later that night….so I feel better..

Comments on my hand??

08-07-2002, 09:35 PM
"although I have better hair and probably a prettier girlfriend… "

Given the way you played this hand, I suspect that what you think is pretty most of us would think is "pretty ugly."

MM

08-07-2002, 09:44 PM
If you don't like the look of quads on a doubly paired board with 2 other people going to war... then I don't know what you're looking for. If anything put them BOTH on 4's trying to sucker you out of more money.

Want to play? I'd love to play heads up against a guy who mucks quads on the turn.

~D

08-07-2002, 09:48 PM
His GF must be extremely good looking.

If he doesn't like the look of quads, then I think he has pretty damn high standards!

~D

08-07-2002, 09:52 PM
when the second four hit, you didn't think that there could be two players with a 4?

you figure that the other players put you on trip dueces, let alone quads, by calling cold out of the SB pre-flop.

if i ever folded when you did, i would run out of the poker room and NEVER come back. this has to be the worst played hand in the history of 2+2.

i can't believe your girlfriend would sleep with such a loser. also, i thought your religion discouraged pre-marital sex?! obviously, your savior is cool with gambling (or giving your money away, in your case).

08-07-2002, 10:03 PM
Wow, laying down quads--is that really possible?

Or are you trolling us again?

08-07-2002, 11:03 PM
Im laughing.....

08-07-2002, 11:07 PM
Did someone once (maybe more) tell me that MM has no sense of humor? Well...

Vince

08-07-2002, 11:32 PM
Most of his posts make me laugh. He plays a great straight man.

His bio is beautiful.

08-07-2002, 11:48 PM

08-07-2002, 11:56 PM
The Turn brings another 4.…SB Bets…I call.…EP raises..…SB 3 bets…..I call…..EP Caps it….SB calls..…I think about it for a moment…One of them has to have pocket 4’s…so I muck disgusting, but in the back of mind, I know I did the right thing…When you’re certain you’re beaten you have to disregard the pot odds and your pride to let a hand go…

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HA

08-08-2002, 01:22 AM
You wrote: "although I have better hair and probably a prettier girlfriend…"

IMO this is very poor taste. /images/angry.gif

Regards,

Rick

08-08-2002, 01:29 AM
agreed

08-08-2002, 04:13 AM
Other than the girlfriend thing I thought it was funny.

08-08-2002, 04:47 AM
While I do agree with you Rick, my guess is that he was trying more to compliment his girlfriend (and maybe vicariously, himself) rather than insult Mason.

But poor taste, indeed. There are better ways to make a meaningless point.

Josh

08-08-2002, 05:10 AM
good post

08-08-2002, 05:53 AM
"Here’s a hand that made me wish I could switch Brains with Mason Malmuth"

It appears you bring nothing to this exchange.

MS Sunshine

08-08-2002, 06:00 AM
welcome back!

"didn't you think there could be TWO people with 4's out there"?

"Want to play me heads up"?

ROFLMAO

Leon

08-08-2002, 11:16 AM
agreed, Rick, but it pales in comparison to the poor taste he showed when folding what should have been his "hand of the year".

08-08-2002, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but the difference lies in the fact your posts aren't intended as jokes.

08-08-2002, 11:26 AM
I say make a crying call. But don't listen to me i pay off too much.

08-08-2002, 01:46 PM
Hey,

I can't believe people believe you. This is easily the funniest post I have seen here. Keep 'em coming. I muck disgusting..my personal favorite.

08-08-2002, 02:36 PM
I'm sure that Mason has thick enough skin after all these years of playing cards to not give a rats ass about what anyone says.

I DO agree, though, that unless they're friends or something it was way out of line as a comment. Period.

~D

08-08-2002, 04:20 PM
I'm glad there a few people who see my post for what it was...and I think Mason was one of them....for the rest of you....good grief....get a sense of humor....will ya??

I will continue to post my "Mirage Hands" for those who want to laugh once in a while..cause sometimes we take poker too seriously.

08-09-2002, 05:28 AM
balt999,

The part of your post that bothered me was what appeared to be a disparaging remark concerning the relative “prettiness” of somebody else's girlfriend or wife. After that, I didn’t read the rest of it.

I'm sure Mason and the rest of us can handle a bit of kidding concerning our hair/dress appearance or whatever, but it just seems wrong to poke fun at the women in our life. I wonder if they might read your post and who knows how much hurt it could cause.

Or perhaps the post reminded me of an old Saturday Night Live routine when Clinton was first elected and Chelsea was just entering puberty. They poked fun at her looks, and it just seemed wrong period to be making fun at someone’s looks who was in the spotlight through no fault of her own and at a delicate age to boot. I’m no fan of the Clinton’s, but they certainly did a fine job raising their daughter. And in the end, she turned out to be a quite attractive young lady.

Regards,

Rick

08-09-2002, 06:16 AM
she turned out to be a quite attractive young lady.

Is that another joke? She's a serious woofer.

08-09-2002, 11:54 AM
He'd discuss 13-year-old Chelsea on his tv show and simultaneously, in a box on the screen, show a picture of a dog.

Lots of snickers from a certain vast crowd on that one, though I never figured out why honorable people didn't rise up and stick a hot poker in his ass for pulling such a pitiful attack on a young girl.

08-09-2002, 12:30 PM
When you say, "He'd discuss..." I assume you meant SNL Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.

If you were speaking about Rush, I distinctly remember him noting that to attack the then 13 year old Chelsea was completely out of line.

Regards,

Rick