PDA

View Full Version : Week 1

natedogg
08-27-2004, 03:53 AM
oh it's so close I can taste it. Bring on the nfl baby.

Asking for comments on these lines and my takes:

NYJ/CIN over 39. I think this game will be 30 to 27. Both teams are concerned about defense and both teams are looking really stacked on offense this year. 39 seems way too low to me.

DAL/MIN under 39.5. Dallas will have a hard time scoring at all I think. But they have a fantastic defense. Even Minnesota will struggle to score vs. Dallas.

STL -9.5 over ARI
Arizona has not even scored a touchdown yet in preseason. Yeah yeah, I know preseason doesn't mean much but come on!
With Anquan out and Emmit Smith as your #1 back, I don't think you can do much in St. Louis. This will be the ugliest game of week 1. It will take several weeks for Green's new offense to start clicking. I predict Arizona will be 0-5 going into the bye.

And this one looks REALLY good to me:
Denver -3 over KC.
Denver's home opener is probably the WORST draw KC could have pulled for week 1. I have Trent Green as my fantasy QB and I'm planning to sit him for this game.

Backing off the 9ers home opener right now until I hear more about Rattay's injury. One good thing is that J. Peterson is back, as I expected. I will probably pull the trigger if the line continues to climb. I'm seeing 4.5s right now. Pretty hefty chalk for a 5-11 team to lay at the 'stick with their brand new coach.

natedogg

jaydoggie
08-27-2004, 09:12 AM
i am only a football fan, and not a professional bettor, and have not looked at any numbers, or even watched much preseason (dont really think it matters anyway). that being said

i definately think the over is high for the Vikings/Dallas game.

i think saying the jets and cinci are loaded on offense? uhh? carson palmer didnt take a snap last year, curtis martin is 300 years old, rudi johnson is still a bit unproven in my opinion. only the thoughts of a man whos qualifications are stated above /images/graemlins/smile.gif

why dont you like KC @ DEN? i probably would lay off of it also, atleast these are my preliminary thoughts but KC is still the best offense in the league, indi probably a close second.

jaydoggie
08-27-2004, 09:18 AM
id just like to add that two plus two is by and large the best poker forum, but no one really talks football here. do you post anywhere else?

if not i know there are a few good ones out there, check out covers (http://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmain.aspx?ur=142408543&sortby=postdate&spt=21)

a few very good cappers that you can coattail or atleast read good writeups!

also theres a mathmetician capper who has a proven record over 17 years or something? although he had a losing season last year, his information is very very useful. check him out also dr bob sports (http://www.drbobsports.com)