PDA

View Full Version : Hand review time... PT.2

octaveshift
08-26-2004, 11:52 PM
This guy called everything. Do you bet more on the turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed)

CO ($1.85)
Button ($29.10)
SB ($71.70)
BB ($25)
Hero ($67.85)
UTG+1 ($21.50)
MP1 ($9)
MP2 ($14)
MP3 ($32.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, SB folds, BB calls $5.

Turn: ($16) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls $5.

River: ($26) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10.

Final Pot: $46

Rah
08-27-2004, 04:17 AM
First of all, why raise pf? With such a weak hand/drawing hand you need position.
Regarding postflop: If he calls everything, I would slow down on the turn since you won't buy the pot. There is a great chance that you're outkicked, so if your only hope is for a heart to hit on the river, you should check behind him on the turn for a free card.

octaveshift
08-27-2004, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, why raise pf? With such a weak hand/drawing hand you need position.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this table, I found that if I didn't raise PF, everybody would limp and it would be a crapshoot.

My standard raise PF is usually $4 in this game, and I can't recall why I only made it $2 here....

Part of it was that I had a really good table image, winning 84% of showdowns, and seeing 32% of the flops. Frankly, I think I was starting to get bored and just wanted to splash around. Dumb, I know.

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding postflop: If he calls everything, I would slow down on the turn since you won't buy the pot. There is a great chance that you're outkicked, so if your only hope is for a heart to hit on the river, you should check behind him on the turn for a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love flush draws. /images/graemlins/smile.gif (And having paired aces with a flush draw is even better, because it's really a semi-bluff, no?)

Wayfare
08-27-2004, 09:43 AM
I hate this preflop play on this table. Your "crap shoot" analogy is not well thought out -- you have a drawing hand and want a "crap shoot" once you make your hand...against most people your raise will only limit the field to people dominating your weak kicker. If you limp and fold to a big open raise you are avoiding that problem without increasing your investment in the pot with no information.

I think the turn bet is fine, I am glad you made your flush on the river because you very well might have been behind on the turn.

Raiser
08-27-2004, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At this table, I found that if I didn't raise PF, everybody would limp and it would be a crapshoot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a crap shoot hand. The PF raise is only going to limit the field to hands that have you dominated IMO.

octaveshift
08-27-2004, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate this preflop play on this table. Your "crap shoot" analogy is not well thought out -- you have a drawing hand and want a "crap shoot" once you make your hand...against most people your raise will only limit the field to people dominating your weak kicker. If you limp and fold to a big open raise you are avoiding that problem without increasing your investment in the pot with no information.

I think the turn bet is fine, I am glad you made your flush on the river because you very well might have been behind on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Advice like this is exactly why I come here. Thank you.

Wayfare
08-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Very much welcome.

Also welcome to the forums, sorry my original post was a bit snippy (most of my posts are) but I haven't had my coffee.