PDA

View Full Version : Reraise here?

NUReedy
08-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Royal Vegas 10,000 gaurentee tourney
3rd level with 25/50 blinds
Hero on button with appx T2700
I don't remember other stacks, but they were around T1500

1 limper, MP min raises to 100, 2 callers, hero calls with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif, SB, BB and limper calls
7 to flop

Flop (T700): J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP(pf raiser) min bets, LP raised to T150, Hero?

adanthar
08-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Fold preflop.

Do you have a read on LP? He probably didn't CC J8, so that leaves AJ (unlikely) or 88. You beat all other hands, but pushing now is not going to maximize the money that goes in when you are (way) ahead. Assuming MP doesn't have you beat (also unlikely), you want his AA/KK/etc. to stay in the hand, and the only way to do that is call. This is also the only way for you to win this hand before the river if LP is semibluffing a flush draw (by overbetting the pot on a blank turn), and the only way to keep LP in the hand if he's semibluffing something like 99.

I would just call (and hope MP overplays his aces and reraises so I can push), and then overbet/all in raise a non-heart turn. If anyone has a jack or 88, all the money is going in anyway, so hearts are the only thing that might catch up to you and you would rather not give him a 35% chance to suck out just yet.

But seriously, Hero folds preflop and it's not close.