PDA

View Full Version : Five Stud or Hold'em?

Al Mirpuri
08-26-2004, 09:16 PM
I have the chance to play either 5stud no ante just the bring in as opposed to Hold'em and its two blinds which game should I choose assuming (as I believe myself to be) equal proficiency (however poor) at each? I can afford each game within my bankroll. Supposing table conditions (loose/tight, aggressive/passive) are the same. What game is would give me the better earn? My game choice depends upon your answers. I will cross post this in the Stud and Texas Hold'em forums.

MEbenhoe
08-26-2004, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have the chance to play either 5stud no ante just the bring in as opposed to Hold'em and its two blinds which game should I choose assuming (as I believe myself to be) equal proficiency (however poor) at each? I can afford each game within my bankroll. Supposing table conditions (loose/tight, aggressive/passive) are the same. What game is would give me the better earn? My game choice depends upon your answers. I will cross post this in the Stud and Texas Hold'em forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the 5 card stud game NL or limit? NL 5 Card Stud is probably the single game where the most skilled player is likely to come out on top. Just my opinion.

MEbenhoe
08-26-2004, 11:35 PM
P.S. either way if you are good at 5 Card Stud it should be an easy game for you to make money at, because not many people know how to play this game well.

Michael Davis
08-27-2004, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure judging it on loose/tight or aggressive/passive is the right way to analyze this. You need to differentiate between good and bad players here. That's it.

All things really being equal, I think you should choose five card stud. But I'm not sure I have a good reason for this. I think I am assuming your opponents will be worse even though I said all things being equal. You will definitely have less variance here, but variance isn't a good consideration.

-Michael

Al Mirpuri
10-01-2004, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I decided that my win rate higher and the standard deviation was lower in Five Card Stud so I play that instead of Hold'em.