PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker Super Thursday

Reraiseallin
08-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Just registered at 2+2. Anyone in the Party Super Thursday?

TonyS0pran0
08-26-2004, 09:14 PM
I am, no shot of winning though...

Reraiseallin
08-26-2004, 09:24 PM
I'm out after 10 mins! LOL. Maybe 2+2 has bokked me... :-)

TonyS0pran0
08-26-2004, 09:34 PM
surprisingly I tripled up already...

cferejohn
08-26-2004, 10:03 PM
1645 at first break. There is a truly awful player at my table with a huge stack. Hope I get a hand at the right time...

uw_madtown
08-26-2004, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
surprisingly I tripled up already...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck man. I'll check in with the tourney if you make the money. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

- UW

TonyS0pran0
08-26-2004, 10:32 PM
No way I'll make money UW... I took two aful beats back to back and went down to 700 at one point. I am back up to 1800 so there is still hope, but very slim hope.

Reraiseallin
08-26-2004, 10:33 PM
GL guys. Even though I went out in double quick time, I'm rooting for you.

P.S. In the $300 Aussie Millions qualifier on table 1 with an OK stack though. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1645 at first break. There is a truly awful player at my table with a huge stack. Hope I get a hand at the right time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, did eventually bust the guy, but on a coinflip, and he only had ~1500 chips left (average was ~4K at the time).

But in good news: 14.5K at the 3rd break. 9 spots from the money. When I had 11K (blinds 200/400) an aggressive player opened from MP for 1000. A decent player who I think had noticed that the first player was aggressive called. Both players had nearly identical stacks to mine (within 1000, don't remember who had more, but it doesn't really matter). I had AK. I pushed. What do you think?

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 12:41 AM
I'm in the money...

Potowame
08-27-2004, 12:44 AM
I had been watching for a few hands before that and got the same read on the raiser (steal) and figured that the other guy called with a decent hand, but not a big hand.

I thought the push was good, perfect timing. I thought its was a cold stone bluff on your part from the reads, and action, but I guess you had the goods. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

La Brujita
08-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Cferejohn I stopped by to wish you good luck but I am not going to stay after one hand of my sweat brought quads against you. GL man. I see MS Sunshine is at your table.

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cferejohn I stopped by to wish you good luck but I am not going to stay after one hand of my sweat brought quads against you. GL man. I see MS Sunshine is at your table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is MS Sunshine? I don't see anyone by that name...

Zinzan
08-27-2004, 01:05 AM
cfe, i saw you lose a big pot to Don Mattingly. You raised about $2200, and he reraised a few thousand. You said "I guess I have to call." You lost... I think you had KJ, and he had Ace-something.

Next hand, with about $7K left, you immediately went all-in. I was curious... did you have something, but wanted to look like you were on tilt?

Just curious. If you don't want to tell me, I understand.

Good Luck!

-Z

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cfe, i saw you lose a big pot to Don Mattingly. You raised about $2200, and he reraised a few thousand. You said "I guess I have to call." You lost... I think you had KJ, and he had Ace-something.

Next hand, with about $7K left, you immediately went all-in. I was curious... did you have something, but wanted to look like you were on tilt?

Just curious. If you don't want to tell me, I understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had AQ. Next hand I had 77. I go all-in. All fold. Next hand (UTG) I get AK. Raise to 2200. Lots of table talk about how I am on tilt, but all fold. Still limping along at ~10K with 38 left...

durron597
08-27-2004, 01:20 AM
I'm watching you cferejohn but I don't have money on party so I can't say anything in the room. You have an awesome table, everyone is so tight except for the huge stack, all three of the guys to your left are letting you have your way with their blinds, it's unreal... like when Glacier folded to that shortstack's allin....

Zinzan
08-27-2004, 01:26 AM
yeah, i've read enough of you here to know you weren't on tilt, but figured you might "play" on-tilt with a strong hand. i was waiting for you to bust someone up on a weak call, but no one called.

i moved on to a $30 MTT. had planned to play an aussie $36/3 qualifier, as I won a subqualifier a couple days ago, but party's not cooperating--I'm not getting the free-roll I'm supposed to get! I've e-mailed their support, but haven't heard back yet.

-Z

durron597
08-27-2004, 01:30 AM
Damn, cferejohn, that was lucky. Nice hand!

ethan
08-27-2004, 01:38 AM
Not sure who it is on party, but I recognize the name as the person who lost (edit: $56K) in the Dutch Boyd/Pokerspot fiasco. Kinda surprised he's still playing online, even if Party's a bit more established.

gmunny
08-27-2004, 01:38 AM
goodluck cfe..i am watchin, too!

gmunny
08-27-2004, 01:48 AM
saw u do 2 more allins..pretty tight table.

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
saw u do 2 more allins..pretty tight table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, tight, but alot of preflop raising. Rare to get it folded to me in LP. Last 2 were 99 and AJ. OOh, I have AK right now...5K all in. Called by 40K. I push for 20K total. 40K folds. 5K has 88. I hit my ace. Up to 33K...

And down to 23K when I raise to 5K with QTo, 10K stack pushes. I call (no choice, imho). He has KK. SLAP.

gmunny
08-27-2004, 01:58 AM
keep it up.19 players left!!

durron597
08-27-2004, 02:05 AM
What did you have on that resteal hand just now? fnurt's like "he had a hand"... I doubt it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gmunny
08-27-2004, 02:07 AM
nice over the top..!

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What did you have on that resteal hand just now? fnurt's like "he had a hand"... I doubt it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AJo. Against a button raise, that's a hand...

gmunny
08-27-2004, 02:09 AM
dang that guy with the monster stack will bully everyone at your table...

gmunny
08-27-2004, 02:18 AM
good job!! that'll do ya.

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
good job!! that'll do ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubled up with AQ v. AT for those wondering what mummy is talking about. Busted the guy who "should" have busted me earlier...

durron597
08-27-2004, 02:22 AM
lol "very hellmuthian of you". what did you have?

fnurt
08-27-2004, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AJo. Against a button raise, that's a hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

My comment was really just a bit of free table image. You can thank me later. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

gvibes
08-27-2004, 02:23 AM
[scratch that - I am a moron]

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
lol "very hellmuthian of you". what did you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I pushed on him 2 from the SB straight times. KQo and 55.

gmunny
08-27-2004, 02:37 AM
cfe is on the final table!!

gmunny
08-27-2004, 02:41 AM
good luck man..i am going to sleep..post the results..peace!
G$

Zinzan
08-27-2004, 03:04 AM
In the final five! Good job, cfe!

You inspired me, and I went and played my first $50 MTT (3 table) on Party. I won! It wasn't any harder than the $20s and $30s!

-Z

uw_madtown
08-27-2004, 03:40 AM
Go cfere go!

His awesomeness gave me enough luck to win BOTH $50 2-tables I was in while watching him, resulting in a $690 profit whilst watching cfere rock the final table.

Thanks dude.

- UW

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Ended up all-in with A7 v AQ. Whoops. Guy had been playing back at me alot. Couldn't give him credit for a hand.

uw_madtown
08-27-2004, 03:55 AM
Tough break, but I would have done the same. Granted, I'm not that good. But still, given the play once it got down to 3, I think it was a reasonable move.

- UW

Zinzan
08-27-2004, 03:56 AM
Yeah, tough break. I think you had good cards to call, and the difference between 3rd and 2nd was small compared to the potential for 1st if you had won that pot.

-Z

P.S. It ended just a couple hands after you busted out. Big stack won, of course.

P.S.S. I mispoke in my previous post--you inspired me to go play and win a $50 1 table sng, not a 3 table.

Ulysses
08-27-2004, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ended up all-in with A7 v AQ. Whoops. Guy had been playing back at me alot. Couldn't give him credit for a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris,

Great playing. I flipped off the chat once you had all the riff-raff out and were down to 4 or 5 w/ real stacks. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped yapping. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thought you played excellent poker down to 3.

When you were at three, it felt like you went for a few too many steal-raises out of position against a guy who was calling a lot (prob. too much) both pre-flop and on the flop. But maybe you just actually had a number of real hands and got crappy flops.

I don't really like that last call, but I can definitely understand why you made it. I just hadn't seen him play back at you that strong much, so I figured he had something decent.

Anyway, great job. Really a tremendous job of taking a mediocre stack with about 15 left and making it work for you.

La Brujita
08-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Congratulations, great job on your third place! MS Sunshine is a poster here and is Tainted Jack at PP. I went to bed or I would have told you last night.

wuwei
08-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Congrats man, great job! I watched a little bit, from about 30 left down to 20 or so. Very well played.

cferejohn
08-27-2004, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Chris,

Great playing. I flipped off the chat once you had all the riff-raff out and were down to 4 or 5 w/ real stacks. Maybe I shouldn't have stopped yapping. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thought you played excellent poker down to 3.

When you were at three, it felt like you went for a few too many steal-raises out of position against a guy who was calling a lot (prob. too much) both pre-flop and on the flop. But maybe you just actually had a number of real hands and got crappy flops.

I don't really like that last call, but I can definitely understand why you made it. I just hadn't seen him play back at you that strong much, so I figured he had something decent.

Anyway, great job. Really a tremendous job of taking a mediocre stack with about 15 left and making it work for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I stopped stealing as much after a while. To be honest, once we were down to 4 I went almost totally card dead. I was stealing along just fine until that guy started calling me all the time. I had one TT that was folded all around when I raised. After that, the A7 was the best hand I saw in a long time.

I think the all-in call was frustration from the lack of hands and my own poor playing of the two hands where I raised preflop, got called by big stack, bet flop (with an ace on it both times), got called again, then checked the turn, and got pushed out. The second time, I almost pushed the turn. It was a dumb call though. The guy had been calling preflop alot, but he'd very rarely been re-raising. It was a call of frustration.

I kept saying that if I can just get a hand or hit a flop I was sure I could get in against the guy as a significant favorite. In that context, my brain short-circuted into deciding that A7 was "a hand" since it was the best one I had seen in quite some time.

The other player was way too conservative for 3 handed play. I was sure if either my or rolled aces got heads up with him it would be over quickly unless he caught 2 or 3 monster hands in quick succession.

Anyway, I do agree it was a poor call. I understand why I made it, and really I shouldn't be beating myself up after my biggest tournament cash ever (>9K!), but boy, after being chipleader with 3 to go, it's hard not to think about what could have/ "should" have been.

Thanks to all for the sweat and the comments, and El Diablo, you owe me 15K for turning off chat. :P /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jason Strasser
08-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Great job Chris,
-Jason

Zinzan
08-27-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like that last call... I just hadn't seen him play back at you that strong much, so I figured he had something decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true, and something that I didn't think of at the time--he really came in extraordinarily strong on the play back.

From the rail, I saw cferejohn folding to reraises and taking some abuse from the birds, but knew he was just playing patient poker, waiting for the right hole cards. I got impatient just watching, and I guess maybe cferejohn did, too.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, cferejohn, I noticed with the mediocre stack, many of your preflop raises were all-in. At some point, when you got down to the final 5-7 players, you suddenly went with more standard preflop raises. What is your criteria for making the change to more conservative raising?

-Z

fnurt
08-27-2004, 01:49 PM
nice work sir!

gergery
08-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Great Job cferejohn!! Congrats!