PDA

View Full Version : Was I seeing a monster under the bed?

JPinAZ
08-26-2004, 07:47 PM
I've been playing limit for a couple months now, starting at .05/.10 and have been playing .25/.50 for the past three or four weeks. Overall I'm up around $150 or so. This is playing at Pacific BTW.

No real read on any individual player, but the table is pretty tight. I'd say <50% see the flop most hands.

I was in the SB & was dealt AA. UTG called, a MP called, & it was folded to me. I raised, BB folded, UTG called, MP reraised, I capped, BB called. Flop was KK8. I bet, UTG folded, and MP & I cap it.

With MP raising & reraising me on the flop, I was concerned he had a K. I decided to check/call the turn & river. Was this the correct call? Should I have bet the turn & call if raised and then check/call the river?

Thanks!
JP

RiverTheNuts
08-26-2004, 08:12 PM
I doubt he would call and then reraise preflop with anything besides AK/AA/KK/QQ

Him capping on flop and turn should send out warning signs... after the flop got capped, I think the bet/call and then check/call would have been a little more sensible... tough break

Greg J
08-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Hey JPinAZ, welcome to the boards!

Just so you know, and not trying to be a jerk at all, but you should probably post this on the micro forum... we are a pretty friendly bunch of chaps. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, and there are some really nice micro limits at Paradise -- they have nice juicy .25/.5 games. Just so you know. The software is SO much better, and you can multi-table.

Greg

JPinAZ
08-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Well, he had QQ so it turned out OK.

JPinAZ
08-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Thanks. I'll be sure to post this over there.

RydenStoompala
08-27-2004, 02:46 AM
He just played position correctly prior to the flop. No monster, just a good hand with position on you. Next time with the aces you can value them with a few more bets.

Webster
08-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Personally I would have back off withthe board paired and him being aggressive.

I think to many people are not scared enough with a pair board.