PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh....Party when the Jackpot is high (low content)

InchoateHand
08-26-2004, 04:57 PM
I truly love the BadBeat Jackpot tables once the jackpot is over 20k. All kinds of beautiful play.
The player to my right is in 85% of hands! and raising a little over one third of the time. Previously, he capped the betting with T9o, and so I love sitting to his left--it allows me to three bet/cap with premium hands that are normally just called around. After the previous 100 hands, the rest of the table is getting pretty tilted. Everyone's bankrolls is going through wild swings, so I tried to tighten and play a little more aggressively. In this hand I chickened out--would others cap this to the river? With seven in for a capped flop, I figured I was facing at least one bigger PP.
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Bemused is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Bemused 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Bemused calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (28.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Bemused raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Bemused caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (28.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Bemused calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (35.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Bemused calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 41.25 BB

Trix
08-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Flatcall the flop and take it from there. This is a great example of waiting till the turn when the hand is vulnerable and the pot is huge.

Edit: If you dont know what the "wait till turn" concept is, then you can search micro and small stakes. Plenty of hands regarding this have been posted lately.

MortalNuts
08-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Just call the flop, planning to raise a favorable turn card. A raise on the flop still offers players behind you at least like 15:1, which makes it correct for them to call with damn near anything. A raise on the turn protects your hand better, and this pot is frickin huge.

That said, if I had played the flop as you did, I would still raise the turn. Yes, you may well be behind to a larger PP, but you may not be, and a turn raise that gets overcards out behind you would be a beautiful beautiful thing. Probably people won't fold, but what the hell -- raising is fun anyway.

just my 2c.

cheers,

mn

InchoateHand
08-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Solid advice....I should have flat-called and raised near about anything on the turn.

InchoateHand
08-26-2004, 06:48 PM
incidentally....to my great surprise---MHIG