PDA

View Full Version : ARGH! Flop a set, lose to an open-ended str8!

Bob Bryant
08-26-2004, 04:13 PM
How did I play this?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls $1 (All-In).

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 shows 6d 7h (two pair, sevens and sixes).
Hero shows Ts Tc (three of a kind, tens).
Button shows Js 9d (straight, jack high).
Outcome: Button wins 19.75 BB. </font>

Sent
08-26-2004, 04:17 PM
You played it fine. You flopped a monster hand and no reason to slow play it and you built the pot, but the OESD came. I dunno what MP2 was thinking

-Sent

nolanfan34
08-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Raise PF. Flop and turn are OK. On the river when MP2 wakes up with a bet, I'm probably just calling down here.

Also, reload when your stack gets low. I see you were all-in on the river. Had someone played back at you sooner, you would have missed some bets if you make a full house on the river vs a straight, etc.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-26-2004, 04:23 PM
Raise preflop. That is all.

meep_42
08-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Played it fine, you were actually a better bet to fill up by the river than he was to make his OESD. You got your money in, he got his card and you didn't. It happens. When any 9 beats you on the river, I think i'm calling the bet and inevitable raise.

-d

umaga
08-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Raise pre-flop. You probably have the best hand and you may be able to grab the button.

Sidekick
08-26-2004, 04:27 PM
Preflop: Raise!

Other than that, it looks to me as if you played it fine.

citizenkn
08-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Pocket tens is a strong hand----raise it pre-flop. Raising pre-flop probably would have chased away the button. But you encouraged him to see a cheap flop in a multiway pot, and once he hit his OESD, you were not going to get rid of him. Also, with a four-straight on the board, I think I would have just called on the river instead of raising.