PDA

View Full Version : calling down

ErrantNight
08-26-2004, 04:07 PM
Been reading a lot of posts, commenting on some, never posted before... been playing well lately, and getting lucky as well... I'm pretty aggressive on the whole, play primarily party 2/4 and sixhanded 1/2

Table here is very fluid in its makeup (occasionally tight, usually loose, lots of poor post flop play, many rotating players), ythomas is a known bluffer, something of a LAG, i've got no read on the other guy (he just sat down and i'm multi-tabling, and cleaning up on the other table)

standard?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: ErrantNight is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">ErrantNight raises</font>, Button <font color="purple">(loose/weak)</font> calls, SB <font color="purple">(ythomas)</font> calls, BB <font color="purple">(noread)</font> calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
ythomas checks, <font color="CC3333">noread bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">ErrantNight raises</font>, loose/weak calls, <font color="CC3333">ythomas 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">noread caps</font>, ErrantNight calls, loose/weak calls, ythomas calls.

Turn: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">ythomas bets</font>, noread calls, ErrantNight calls, loose/weak folds.

River: (15 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">ythomas bets</font>, noread folds, ErrantNight calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

ErrantNight
08-27-2004, 05:40 AM
bump

LaggyLou
08-27-2004, 09:05 AM
I'd love to see what the more experienced players think of this. In 90% of games, I lay it down on the flop when it comes back capped. But when there's a maniac-type in the game then that loosens up everyone, pots get big, and in my view you essentially have to fasten your seat belt and call it down.

I am still kicking myself for a play I made yesterday in another pot with a maniac in which I folded QT with the T being top pair on the turn when I bet out and it came back capped. As it turned out the maniac hit his five-outer to trip up on the river but when I saw the 9T I folded to I got a little queasy.