PDA

View Full Version : big stack strategy

Jsb
08-26-2004, 12:41 PM
ok so this may sound stupid, but i feel alot more comfortable when i am a small stack than when i am a big stack. this comes from the fact that i spend so much more time as a relatively small stack than i do as a big stack, mostly in bubble situations of course. i like being able to push on a good starting hand during the bubble and force the others to make a decision, and i know when to and when not too and all that good stuff, i'm generally very comfortable with my shortstack play.
but i know that i am lacking in my strategy when i am big stack, or even have a good amount of chips. like when the blinds are up to 50/100 and i have about 1700 or 1800, which may or may not be the big stack, but you know what i mean, i feel very uncomfortable. i know this may be too general of a question, but what is your 'basic' strategy in these situations? are your raise requirements in this case the same as your all in requirements when you are shortstacked, tighter, looser?
i know one should be aggressive to steal blinds and take advantage of bubble tightness. i guess what it comes down to is convincing myself not to just sit there and wait and try to steal more blinds when big stacked, but it seems like when i do, people reraise all-in and i am really hesitant to call anyones all in. are your preflop raises at this point just like 3BB's or enough to put someone in, or what?
again sorry this is so general