PDA

View Full Version : Slow down with KK

prrthd
08-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Should I have slowed down at any point here? They were not telling me anything by just calling so I just kept betting even though the board was scary.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

kenberman
08-26-2004, 11:16 AM
I have trouble with these situations as well. A weak player - or 2! - could easily be calling you down with Ax. I guess it comes down to any read you have...an alternative would be trying a c/r on the turn to try to gain information.

zram21
08-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Looks good. You may lose this hand to a weak A, but that is the breaks.

zram21
08-26-2004, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have trouble with these situations as well. A weak player - or 2! - could easily be calling you down with Ax. I guess it comes down to any read you have...an alternative would be trying a c/r on the turn to try to gain information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to c/r this turn would be a bad idea. You do not want to give the free card to anyone with a flush draw or bottom/middle pair. The poor players will call down with a crappy Ax, but they also tend to call down with any pair. Don't give them a free shot to pick up two pair on the river.

LowDown22
08-26-2004, 11:36 AM
I hate these kinds of hands sometimes too, because you never know where you're at and you can't slow down much. That being said, I would have checked the river (am I giving up too much?). The river gives anyone with a 9 a straight and I'm still worried about a very passively played Ace.