PDA

View Full Version : What would be fair??

07-16-2002, 09:01 PM
Hi all.

Okay, this is the situation......

Me and a friend are both playing at a on-line poker site. Now I lost all my cash there, and asked him if he wanted to play some 10/20 on his banroll, and then we splitted 50/50, and he agreed.

Now, here is the thing, the game was stud, which he dosent play at all, and which I quite good at. So I'm the one taking all the desisions. He just sits next to me, and I tell him what to do....

After a while, when we had won some cash, we both quickly agreed that 50/50 wasen't a fair splitting, since I was the one taking all the desisions......So now we have to come up with a new agreement. Can anyone help us out??

What would be the most fair agreement??

Thanks,

John

07-16-2002, 09:26 PM
The person putting up the money should be getting much more than 50%.

07-16-2002, 09:37 PM
On Me..."|

07-16-2002, 10:23 PM
maybe about ten or 15 % of what you win after about 8 hours play for you may be fair. if you want 50% you need to play for a long time and go only by the final total. say for 10/20 after the bankroll reaches say 5,000 do you split. but since you lost all your own money,its hard to convince someone to gamble theirs on your decisions even though you believe you are good. you still have to prove it.

07-16-2002, 11:39 PM
Hi Ray.

When I say lost all my money, I know that dosen't sound good. But I only made a deposit of 200 $, and lost them. Since I'm going to school, I haven't got the cash to try again. Well, I does, but not enough to stand the swings.

Now, he knows, I'm good at stud. and I can win in the game. And I have proven just that, because after about 100 hours of play, we are up with 2500 $, and of course we're both very excited about that.

But you see, he was the first one to offer a new deal, instead of our 50/50 deal. He thought the deal was unfair to me, because he can't beat a 10/20 stud game, and I can (if I have the cash).

And I must say, that I also thought the deal was unfair to me, since he did't need to concentrate one bit. He only have to press the buttons I teel him to do, and he can play his normal 3/6 hold'em game, while "we" play the stud game........cause like I said, he dosen't have to think about the stud game at all.....

John

07-17-2002, 12:33 AM
John, 100 hours isnt enough to be very confident you can win at a high rate or even win. i dont doubt that you can win but you really need a longer sample. 50% is a great deal for you as you are not risking anything. if he wants to give it thats wonderful. any bargain is fair if both parties know all the information and agree. good luck in your quest.

07-17-2002, 08:25 AM
duh...why don't you continue to let him bankroll you, let him suck up all losses, you keep every dime of the win, charge him for the lessons on top of his bankrolling you and then bitch-slap the lil pony boy for being too stupid to live.

why did you not arrive at this conclusion yourself..it is oh-so-obvious to everyone but U.

07-17-2002, 03:31 PM
I have, off and on for the last several months, been playing in a game that is beyond my means with another guy's money. We split the profits 50/50, and it's worked out pretty well, I'd say. It is true that you're doing all the work, but the other guy is absorbing the risk. You would not be able to play at all if it weren't for him (or someone like him), right? I think that the current arrangement is fair, assuming that half of what you win playing $10/20 is worth the time that both of you are putting in.

What ever happened to "one player to a hand"? /images/smile.gif

07-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Hi Ray.

You said "50% is a great deal for you as you are not risking anything."

I don't get that. When I say we split 50/50, that include losing also. So if we loose 1000 $, we both loose 500 $. Its not that we split winnings 50/50, and then he takes all looses....If we loose, so do I...

Daniel

07-17-2002, 04:32 PM
At 50% I guarentee your getting the best of the deal.Your getting a Free roll'and having the fun.I think I would be happy getting 10%,freeroll,and I averaged $25.per hr.playing 10/20 stud In Vegas for more than 5yrs.Now that were buddies what's your frends phone no.?

07-17-2002, 06:30 PM
Why does everyone say, I get a freeroll?? I mean, I loose just as much as him, if we book a losing session.

John

07-17-2002, 07:14 PM
why in god's name would you do that? just play 5-10 on your own money, your win rate will be higher in BB/hr at 5-10 anyway, so you will be making more.

07-17-2002, 08:44 PM
okay then you should split 50/ 50 wins and losses but get an hourly rate thats acceptable to both of you for doing the playing.

07-17-2002, 09:43 PM
My reply was to your 1st. message.It looked to me that you used his bankroll to get in a game then split the winnings'but after reading the other messages I now understand what your doing. I guess if you used his orignal bankroll and let it grow for an agreed amount of time 50% sounds ok.Then maby both sit down and hash out the percentages and time peorid again.100 hours of play realy is almost nothing,but it IS a GOOD start.I like your confidance,the road is long and there are alot of chuck holes ahead,butif you look where your going you can miss alot of them.GOOD LUCK!