PDA

View Full Version : W played poker

NotReady
08-26-2004, 09:30 AM
"One final note on George W. Bush’s management style and his Harvard Business School background does not derive from the classroom, per se. One feature of life there is that a subculture of poker players exists. Poker is a natural fit with the inclinations, talents, and skills of many future entrepreneurs. A close reading of the odds, combined with the ability to out-psych the opposition, leads to capital accumulation in many fields, aside from the poker table.

By reputation, the President was a very avid and skillful poker player when he was an MBA student. One of the secrets of a successful poker player is to encourage your opponent to bet a lot of chips on a losing hand. This is a pattern of behavior one sees repeatedly in George W. Bush’s political career. He is not one to loudly proclaim his strengths at the beginning of a campaign. Instead, he bides his time, does not respond forcefully, a least at first, to critiques from his enemies, no matter how loud and annoying they get. If anything, this apparent passivity only goads them into making their case more emphatically."

Full article at
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3378

I've heard Nixon played poker in the military and financed his first campaign from his winnings.

WC64
08-26-2004, 09:50 AM
I guess we have to vote for Bush then since he played poker

cardcounter0
08-26-2004, 10:19 AM
Bush had to wire home to Daddy for more money after every game.

Nepa
08-26-2004, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess we have to vote for Bush then since he played poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't he anti-poker now? God told him not to play.

arx
08-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Bluffed too often. /images/graemlins/smile.gif