PDA

View Full Version : Correct ruling?

MilwaukeeBull
08-26-2004, 09:08 AM
Was playing in a MTT last night where the players take turns dealing. Had this incident happen twice to me. After the turn card, I made a pot sized bet. Before the only other play could call, the dealer dealt the river card, which happened to hit his gut shot straight.
The ruling that was made was that my bet would be returned and the hand would play out as is, with no more bets. Thus, the player hit his straight. Is that correct? Does the card come into play or should another card be dealt for the river?

Happened to me again when my pair of jacks was beat by a smaller pair when the dealer quickly turned a turn card before my bet was called.

cferejohn
08-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Standard operating procedure is that the burn and the river card are shuffled back into the stub (the remaining undealt cards), the betting is completed, and then the river is redealt. When dealing for yourselves it seems especially important to follow some procedure like this. If you are able, you might want to suggest this as an alternative to the tournament director (or home-game runner)...

MilwaukeeBull
08-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Thus, the card that was dealt should not have been used, correct?

fnurt
08-26-2004, 10:31 AM
The card that was dealt has to have a chance to come out again.