PDA

View Full Version : Help the ladies in distress!

chrisgs
08-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Table had been pretty passive, but had just gone from full to short handed. Neither of my opponents in this hand had done anything out of the ordinary, seemed pretty typical.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ???

What is your turn play here? If I believed I was in the lead on the flop, do I still believe it on the turn or am I drawing to 2 outs?

daveymck
08-26-2004, 08:52 AM
I'm not sure that I am ahead on this flop with that action.

SB's play is strange he doesnt three bet but caps when it comes round to him again.

Looks like we have everyone playing Overpairs or AK. I dont see the nines being out there but I have been 3 bet with 99 in 3/6 so anything is possible.

I dont see AA here cos they would have gone for the cap on the flop. On the turn it look like SB got his TPTK and BB has hit trip kings.

The problem you have on the turn is if you continue its possibly going to be capped on this street and maybe 2 more bets on the river.

Whilst in heat of battle I probably dont do this but analysing the hand you may be able to fold here. Passive table and people going nuts how many of thier possible holdings do yo beat.

Lottery Larry
08-26-2004, 09:40 AM
dump them. the SB bets into the field after that action, when the King comes? Someone has you beaten, unless 5-handed tables are REALLY LAG

DeeJ
08-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Fold.

chrisgs
08-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the comments. I've been running a bit bad and wanted to make sure that I wasn't being weak here. I did fold the turn when faced with 2 bets. I figured if I was really ahead on the flop, at the very least someone must have AK and I'm not anymore. Turns out I was wrong....but I still thought it was a good fold and looks like I'm not alone. Thanks!

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

SB flips over TT
BB flips over A2 (clubs) /images/graemlins/confused.gif