PDA

View Full Version : Another LAGGY Play

MicroBob
08-26-2004, 05:29 AM
I'm pretty embarassed by this one.
Not as embarassed as SB calling it down with the 2nd nut-low though. Holy Cow!!!!

Anyway, time to work on taking my foot off the gas-pedal I think.

Thanks for all the input tonight guys.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: MicroBob is UTG+1 with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MicroBob calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MicroBob bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between SB, BB and MicroBob.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 3h 5s (two pair, sixes and fours).
BB shows 4d 2h (full house, fours full of sixes).
MicroBob shows 7s 7c (two pair, sevens and sixes).
Outcome: BB wins 11.50 BB. </font>

daveymck
08-26-2004, 05:35 AM
Its interesting how the BB played his hand in a calling station manner, thats the sort of hand where I get agressive with you and end up shown the 6 for a higher boat.

Nick709
08-26-2004, 05:39 AM
Wow good thing for BB that SB paired his low card otherwise he would have had to chop this monster. Scooper!

Anyway,

I wouldn't do much different except check behind on the river, I don't see worse hands calling you (SB LOL)

I kind of like raising preflop though... anyone else wanna jump on that wagon?

MicroBob
08-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Just typical weak-tight CS thinking I guess.

If he gets raised and can come up with a reason to think he's behind he will just call it down. Maybe he was going to speed up with his trips again on the turn but chickened-out after a flush and straight card just hit.

Nick709
08-26-2004, 05:46 AM
off topic
where is that picture from Bob?
and...
why...?

SnakeRat
08-26-2004, 05:46 AM
SB called with the nut low. *shrug*

Edit: Ooops looks like I can't read the board, still not the greatest call.

MicroBob
08-26-2004, 05:51 AM
Raise an UTG caller from UTG+1 with 77??
Really??

On the river, I thought there wasn't much chance anyone had a 4.
And if someone had a 6 I guess I would have gotten C/R'ed, but I thought they probably would have bet out.

Obviously it was indeed possible for a worse hand to call
me (amazing as it may seem).

I really thought those guys didn't have a 4 or a 6.

What about the slim possibility that someone with a 4 or 88-TT decides they are beat and throws it away. That has to be worth something I think.
Along with the possibility that someone with Ace-nothing decides to call.

MicroBob
08-26-2004, 05:52 AM
nope. the nut-low would be 32.

Nick709
08-26-2004, 05:59 AM
well A2 if it's 8's or better, but I play too much omaha.

In regards to your earlier post forget about the PF raise I didn't notice that UTG had called, my bad. If he had folded though would you like a raise? Fairly marginal when you think about it but I still beleive it's a slim value bet at best, maybe if you didn't have position....

Also I didn't think about Ace high calling but I am not sure if 88-TT would lay down, I don't think I would fold them.

MicroBob
08-26-2004, 06:00 AM
click this link -

http://www.inclusive.co.uk/catalog/microbob.shtml

Somebody forwarded information to me that there is such a thing as a MicroBob (who knew??).

It's a British product that sells for 35 pounds.
Plug one audio source in and it can distribute to 6 head-sets. Usually intended for classroom use for kids working on computers.

Anyway, the pic is from the online catalog ad for it.
The girl is happily listening to her MicroBob.
Smart Girl!!

I thought the pic was pretty hilarious and thought it was kind of weird that my stupid internet-handle here is actually a commercial product.

JTG asked the same question a couple nights ago.

Nick709
08-26-2004, 06:04 AM
ROFL
Good stuff.
Leave it to the british to call something a Bob.
Although it looks like it stands for something. This is making me laugh probably more than it should I think it's nighty night time.

MicroBob
08-26-2004, 06:04 AM
10-seated I'll likely raise 99 UTG+1 but limp with 88.
No real reason why except that's what I'm comfortable with.

I've had enough split-pots with A-high vs. A-high on double-paired boards.

The more I think about this hand and the way it progressed, the more I think betting out for value on the river might have been correct.
I just feel it is unlikely enough that they have a 4 or a 6 to make it worthwhile.
But I'm really not sure.

MicroBob
08-26-2004, 06:07 AM
When I got the PM with this link a couple of months ago I was literally in tears because it was so freaking ridiculous.

I'm extremely indebted to BreakEvenPlayer who got on my case that any frequent poster like yours-truly has to get an avatar.
And to MikeHaven who read my response that I couldn't come up with anything good and then looked up MicroBob on google to track down this product.

Nick709
08-26-2004, 06:11 AM
I recently experimented with raising 88 and 77 in EP and am happy with my results(so far) but that's also at 5-10 and I can often get it heads up. I think it makes a little difference if it's 3-6. One more thing about the river play though: I think if this pot were raised preflop I would bet but you have the blinds, two completely random hands (depending on the SB's preflop tendincies) as oppenents. I would be a little more weary in that situation.

chesspain
08-26-2004, 07:44 AM
I don't care for the river bet. No one with any type of better hand is folding, a 6-high boat could be waiting to checkraise, and I can't imagine that very many A-high/K-high hands are going to be at the river and be willing to call the final bet.