PDA

View Full Version : Purely theoretical question

durron597
08-26-2004, 01:38 AM
Scenario: You win a large ($100,000+ top prize) tournament by sucking out on the river allin on turn. Assume that the top prize is slightly less than 2x the second place prize.

jdl22
08-26-2004, 03:26 AM
I voted for the last option. I give whatever the standard tip is for the tourney. I don't know much about that but I assume it has to do with how much of the buy in goes to the dealers.

As to the implied question I would obviously not change the tip based on winning on a suckout. The dealer is simply turning over the cards, it not as if he cheated to help me win. Getting mad at the dealer when you get a bad beat or getting happy with them because of suckouts is ridiculous.

slavic
08-26-2004, 03:32 AM
Not enough info. Many of the larger tournies are cutting the pot for a dealer and service staff payment. In my estimation that should be looked at before we start talking about tips. Also make sure you get a reciept. I'm still sore over a $1000 tip I gave to a dealer and still had to pay taxes on.

benfranklin
08-26-2004, 01:12 PM
I don't see that sucking out has anything to do with tipping. The "standard" tip for a waiter is 15%. The "standard" tip for a tournament is 3%, to be distributed to all of the dealers and other tournament staff in the same way their cut of the entry fees is distributed. Standard tipping is a starting point, and you go up or down from that depending on how good they are and how much of a rip-off the entry fees are.

WDC
08-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Would a receipt really have helped? Real question, no sarcasm intended.

Songwind
08-27-2004, 12:23 AM
You forgot the only important information - was the dealer competent and professional, or did he suck?