PDA

View Full Version : Hand Reading

08-03-2002, 05:20 AM
This is just for fun, see if you can deduce what both players held.

This hand is from a real 9/18 game at Commerce in LA.

First, I'll give you some background on the two players:

1) Seat 8. Young Asian Guy. He plays a pretty good game. Makes positional decisions, semi bluffs, is tight aggressive, but mixes up his play, all the normal stuff you'd expect from a decent player.

2) Seat 1. Middle Aged White Gal. She's the biggest fish in the game. I moved to this game because of her. Period. Plays anything, anywhere, all the way. Does not bet unless her hand is big. But, calls anything. She's very fun to play with and we always have a good time. I pass her a chip after each hand I win. She will raise her big starting hands before the flop.

One last thing about the players, I suspect the good player has never played with this woman before and he's new to the table.

Multi way pot, no raise, 6 handed. Seat 8 is small blind. Seat 1, UTG. The flop is:

Kd 4d 8s

SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets, call, call, call and SB check raises, BB folds - all the rest call. 5 handed.

Turn is the 4h:

Kd 4d 8s 4h

SB checks, UTG bets. Two callers and SB calls. River is the 6s:

Kd 4d 8s 4h 6s

SB checks, UTG bets, fold, fold, heads up now, SB goes into "the tank". For a long time. Close to a minute. He raises. UTG reraises. SB calls after thinking some more - 10, 20 seconds.

What are the hands?

I'll post results later.

soda

08-03-2002, 09:10 AM
K4 for the lady, 5d7d for the sb

08-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Just a WAG:

SB has Ad8d

UTG has 8c4c, called because it was suited, and turned a boat.

SB was less than pleased with this turn of events, berated UTG mercilessly, and drove her from the game, thus lessening your profit opportunity for that session.

08-03-2002, 12:57 PM
lol

John, I like your answer better, but nf hit it square on the nose.

The UTG lady had K4 (offsuit I might add) and seat 8 had 57 of diamonds.

soda