PDA

View Full Version : wrong turn with King and Queen...

MoDOH
08-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Any comment here would be appreciated as I frankly donīt know what to do on any streets...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero... ??

thirddan
08-25-2004, 07:54 PM
I would raise this preflop...

On the turn you have some outs, but i think folding is correct
Outs: 4 T's (only 3 to the nuts as the T /images/graemlins/heart.gif makes a flush possible) 3 K and 3 Q's, but given the aggression from Button you may be up against two pair or trips. So you outs are not as good. You have 3 definite outs (T's) and perhaps 1-1.5 for your K/Q, that is only 5-6 outs and ithe pot is giving you only 8-1, you are closing the action, but i think a fold is best here. Comment?

Edit: Hmm, looking again i think you can make this call, since you are closing the actino and you might make an extra bet or two on the river if you hit, calling seems fine...

mikeyvegas
08-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Pre-flop:
Raise
Why: Cause it's fun, and KQo is a pretty good hand

Flop:
Raise
Why: The reason I do it is because you have a pretty good drawing hand at this point. 2 over cards, nut gutshot str8 draw and 2nd nut backdoor flush draw.

Turn: If you had raised the flop or the turn you may have the button now and could possibly take a free card. Since you didn't do this, I think you should call here getting 8:1 on you discounted 7 outs.

MEV

MarkD
08-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Agreed. I would say that on the turn hero has approximately 5 outs.