PDA

View Full Version : That Hard of a Call? (What about at higher lim?)

Newbie02138
08-25-2004, 07:07 PM
$1BB NL PartyPoker (6-handed)

Thoughts on my play, thoughts on my thoughts, and thoughts about how this might be different with a bigger stake game?

-Hero is button with AA

MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $2, CO raises to $4, Hero raises to $12. Folded to MP2 who calls, CO calls. 3 to Flop.

-I suppose I could have raised more here, but I didn't think after a min-raise MP2 would come along anyway, and I wanted to get some dough out of the CO. I have them both covered (though MP2 by only $10). I have no real reads, having sat down only 2 orbits before, but it seems the CO may be a little aggressive pf, but not too crazy overall.

Flop: Q-10-4, two spades.

MP2 opens for $10, CO raises $40.08 (all-in), HERO pushes for $72, MP2 folds.

-I don't like this flop. With two callers I think there's a good chance one of them has a pocket pair in the 10-QQ range (KK probably would have re-raised pf) and in this event someone has me buried with trips. After weighing it for most of my time limit, I decide that he would probably make that play with AQ or a combo hand and might well slow-play trips. If I'm calling, I push to discourage MP2 to think he has pot odds at a draw.

RESULT: Runner, runner spades come and holding A-spades I know I'm good before he turns over his cards which are... AKo. Didn't need the spades apparently. I take down the whole pot.

-Should I have given the players before me this much credit on $1BB game? At this level is AA just impossible to get away from except for a paired board or a glaringly obvious straight/flush? How much would your reasoning change at a $5 or $10BB game? Thanks.