PDA

View Full Version : RAISING IN EP.........

hbgolfpro
08-25-2004, 06:23 PM
I welcome all opinions on this question. Lets assume we are in a typical 15-30 B/M game. We are dealt AK UTG and raise. Lets say the flop completely misses us....but is not a threatening flop such as T98....or with 2 or 3 of a suit that we dont have. I will normally bet that flop 100% of the time and try to pick it up....especially against 4 or less players. I do that to maybe win it right there...but also to not allow anyone to know that I dont have AA or KK. Am I incorrect to stab at that flop that often? As I said lets assume a typical game.....not overly tight nor overly loose. Thoughts???

DcifrThs
08-25-2004, 06:26 PM
i tend to check fold missed overs when called in too many spots and the flop missed me BUT VERY LIKELY helped at least one other person (the t98 flop for example). sure i might win it there but i usually check fold there after raiseing preflop maybe put in one bet but in general you can't just willy nilly go headstrong INTO A FIELD with overs after they all called your raise....they don't ALL have big broadway unpaired cards....somebody hit that flop in some way a good amount of the time...i think check calling in some instances is better than betting and calling a raise though...discretion is the yadda yadda valor

-Barron