PDA

View Full Version : Value bet with A high?

hokke
08-25-2004, 05:54 PM
I know I don't value bet the river enough with my decent hands, but should I do it here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)
No good reads, but my impression at the time was that MP2 was decent and CO calling stationish.

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.
<font color="green">Mistake?</font>

River: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero ?.

Lost Wages
08-25-2004, 06:09 PM
I'm betting the turn so that I can take the free showdown if I miss.

No way you can value bet the river. You have exactly the hand they are hoping that you have, so they will call if and only if they have you beaten.

Lost Wages

slavic
08-25-2004, 06:15 PM
I guess to some point it depends on how loose a CS the CO is. If he's playing 80% of hands he will likely call with a better hand on the river than you can make off of MP2's unimproved AQ - AT. With so little interest in the pot I'd probably float out a river bet on this board.

I also would have bet the turn. A CS will call the turn bet with nothing, he will not call a river bet with nothing.

RED_RAIN
08-25-2004, 07:30 PM
I agree with the other posters. Bet the turn. Check the river through.

What do you expect 2 people to call you with (if they do) that you can beat? You maybe able to beat one but probably not 2. If he person in front calls, the second person is unlikely to call with just Ax high.

Tosh
08-25-2004, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the other posters. Bet the turn. Check the river through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.