PDA

View Full Version : Should I have folded this draw 5/10 Foxwoods

Rulnick
08-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Everyone at the table is legit, meaning their bets and raises are to be considered.

5/10 on a kill (meaning the stakes for the hand are 10/20.) I join three previous limpers with KQc from the CO. 4 to the flop, I have best position.

FLOP: A,Jc,7
SB bets 10, UTG +2 calls 10, MP +1 raises to 20. Action is to me.

Do I continue with a draw to the nut straight and a backdoor flush draw here, knowing that I am most likely calling atleast two bets on every street if I miss my draw?

Comments appreciated.

MoreWineII
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM
First off, I raise PF. Confused by the PF action, where is the killer?

chesspain
08-25-2004, 04:39 PM
You can do basic arithmetic, can't you? I mean, with possibly little-to-no chance to win with a pair, you're getting no better than 4:1 to spike a gutshot or a draw to a flush. This is a ridiculously easy fold.

P.S. You should have raised preflop.

MRBAA
08-25-2004, 04:40 PM
You're getting about 4-1 to draw to a 5 outer (giving your back door flush one out and no outs for your K or Q). You really need about 8-1. However you do have implied odds -- if you hit, your hand is likely to bring in four or more bets on the turn and river.

If you were closing the action here, I'd be tempted to call and fold to a turn bet if I don't improve.

But you are not closing the action -- there could be a three-bet behind you and even a four bet.

It's a very slim call anyway -- for all you know someone may have a set and have a redraw to a full house even if you make your straight. Someone could even have Ax of clubs.

So I'd fold it here.

bdk3clash
08-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Everyone at the table is legit, meaning their bets and raises are to be considered.

Seat change!

5/10 on a kill (meaning the stakes for the hand are 10/20.) I join three previous limpers with KQc from the CO. 4 to the flop, I have best position.

Mandatory raise preflop. Why didn't you?

Anyway, the preflop action is a little sketchy since you don't mention if the kill is one of the limpers, and you have 3 limpers and you and 4 seeing the flop, which leaves the BB kind of a mystery. Let's say 3 limpers (one of which was actually the kill button) and you see the flop for 4.5 SBs/2.25 BBs.

FLOP: A,Jc,7

OK, 4 outs to the nuts (assuming the A and 7 aren't the same suit) and a backdoor flush draw--let's call it 5.5 outs, no?

SB bets 10, UTG +2 calls 10, MP +1 raises to 20. Action is to me.

You're getting 8.5:2 to call here, and the SB might 3-bet. Seems like a pretty clear fold, but I could be missing something.

nepenthe
08-25-2004, 04:42 PM
You should've raised preflop and people might have, oh hell, been nicer to you.